SAU Community

Bc Racing Coilovers?

Running the mid-range set in my 32 now, i enjoy alot of mountain driving, got them set pretty stiff and when on a nice smooth mountain road car just sits where ever you steer it (Federal 595RSR's, 430hp atm).

around town and over bumps im finding them a bit stiff, however i have solid rear mounts and i could probably soften the settings a bit :P.

running the standard f8kg r6kg. paid for them at lunch time and had them delivered from out of state the next morning.

Highly recommend if your wanted a more "sport/track" feel over the normal daily.

how do these stack up with bouncy roads and train track crossings?

i've had a pair of leaking JIC and Tein in the rear which would bounce abit once hitting those surfaces..... not due to the hard springs, ppl with leaking coilovers will understand.

hard spring rates aint a problem but seeing as i've never used a set that was in good condition i'd rather ask the question

My WRX daily driver has done 3 snow trips this year with plenty of questionable road surfaces and handled like an absolute dream on BC BR's which are the recommended spec for a street driven car.

I am a self confessed Japanese brand whore but the BC's have earned my tick of approval.

i am running a set of V1's atm that are very good but i had the BR's in my old R33 that has just been writen off ;) and i was so happy with them did a drift event and they performed out of my expectation street they are great and less bouncy than the lowered springs i had in it before, however please get a quality wheel alightment after installation.

:P i am now buying a set for my mum's WRX as her soft coilovers are harsher than my car and she prefers to drive mine atm :P

BC's are value for money, comfortable ride, great construct and tuning options.

I would definitely purchase another set without hesitating!

Add decent sway bars F/R and they perform well in the corners, the only fault I can think of is steep driveways may leave you with one wheel off the ground.

BC's are value for money, comfortable ride, great construct and tuning options.

I would definitely purchase another set without hesitating!

Add decent sway bars F/R and they perform well in the corners, the only fault I can think of is steep driveways may leave you with one wheel off the ground.

LOL YES!!! that is true! i go in and out of certain driveways and end up only having one wheel on the ground lol

LOL YES!!! that is true! i go in and out of certain driveways and end up only having one wheel on the ground lol

LOL same here. Whenever I drive into maccas's drive thru, one wheel off the ground and I see the WTF look on everyone's face.

No problem, I hit triple tracks at 80 every day on the way to work. Tyres stick like glue. Great shocks in these, still perfect after a year of daily thrashing, haven't needed to adjust them yet either.

thank, thats what i wanted to know, seems like i'll be getting BC's in the near future :P

The only fault I can think of is steep driveways may leave you with one wheel off the ground.

That's the case with any stiff coilover :)

My soft Bridgestone coils still lift wheels.

i have had Tien's Ohlins and HKS coilovers and i have BC on my 200 and very comfortable like alot of people good bang for buck and there is alot of support about them considering JUst jap sells em

• 6 months later...

Sorry to dig up a resting thread, but i am glad i came across it. Pretty much convinced now to go buy a set of BR type coilovers.

Everyone's BC's still holding up ok?

Been running BC BR's in my Stagea for 1 1/2 years absolutely no issues, over 30 000km now. Perfect.

You won't go wrong.:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

yeah mate still going strong great coil overs the reason they lift one wheel is because they dont have helper springs to allow them to drop down doesnt worry me one bit tho

I've got BCs in my R33. Really Really happy with them :)

<div><br></div><div>Edit: I too have to problem with wheels coming off the ground, esp now with new swaybars. Makes it really hard to get up my driveway.</div>

Edited by zoidbergmerc

yeah mate still going strong great coil overs the reason they lift one wheel is because they dont have helper springs to allow them to drop down doesnt worry me one bit tho

What?

Since when do you need helper springs to get the shock into full droop? They have gas pressure in them for a reason.

If the shocks lack travel that is another issue entirely.