SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Priorities are probably power steering cooler, wheel alignment, and finishing the brakes off.

Once again, I'll throw my support behind the power steering cooler. I proudly took delivery of a $980 power steering pump today to replace the one I flogged out after 6 laps of Mallala. The half lap I did while the fluid was boiling allowed the vanes to contact the housing and wore the bottom out of it. Fluid has been madly circulating around in the pump (instead of going to the rack) ever since.

And it's a bitch to get off.

The standard brakes weren't much better though, even with the HPX pads. Hopefully your DBAs will hold up a bit better. Although I didn't change my fluid...

Once again, I'll throw my support behind the power steering cooler. I proudly took delivery of a $980 power steering pump today to replace the one I flogged out after 6 laps of Mallala. The half lap I did while the fluid was boiling allowed the vanes to contact the housing and wore the bottom out of it. Fluid has been madly circulating around in the pump (instead of going to the rack) ever since.

And it's a bitch to get off.

The standard brakes weren't much better though, even with the HPX pads. Hopefully your DBAs will hold up a bit better. Although I didn't change my fluid...

Sorry to hear! Maybe I'll go the bigger power steering cooler just in case then...

DBA are pretty confident in the brakes, and have given me some guidelines. Guess it'll be a pretty good test for them, wouldn't think they'd usually get tested in 1.8 tonnes of fun.

Who is making your suction pipe Ryan? AM I'm guessing?

Yup, AM. Andrew is making my suction pipe while I get cracking on his web site.

Yup, AM. Andrew is making my suction pipe while I get cracking on his web site.

haha, favours. Just remind him to put the AFM on a straight section.

On topic - I've done nothing to my Stagea today. I can't drive it. I'm starting to get withdrawal from not having it in my garage! blush.gif

Could be worse whistling.gif

Should be going in at the same time. He's made plenty of others for RBs - is there that much difference in the air intake?

And increase your fuel pump pressure... my car was massively lean without the fuel pump.

Yeah I have a new Deatschwerks pump to go in that should take care of that. Just getting the wiring sorted.

There is no space, well aware! Andrew seems to think it's no problem. If it is a problem, it'll be his problem! I'm sure it'll be fine.

Maybe you should send me the secret Wyle E Coyote blueprints then? :nyaanyaa:

Hahha. I wish I took more measurements/details so I could share. But one of the reasons I'm so pleased with the outcome is my ~25% air bypass of the AFM which stops me hitting the voltage plateau.

The Wyle Coyote blueprint that I bought of the 'net just had a fan & a sail so I got ripped off.

Today I got my nismo suspension from troy and had a spare 4 hrs so thought id give it a go installing them. First I had to buy a set of spring compressers so I could put the front struts together. After a little of stuffing around come up a treat. Then I set to work starting on the passenger side where I ran into some trouble with a seased on the bottom of the suspension arm so I had to cut/grind the nut off. So had to go to bolt king to buy another nut so got nyloc nuts. After 3.5 hrs I got the passenger side done. What a nightmare that was. Then I started the driverside and that took all of 25 mins. so I now have the fronts in. hoping to have the rears in for goldcoast cruise on sunday. I also measured all 4 corners before and after installation. Fronts were 710 driverside and 715 passenger. After I put the fronts in they were the same measurements but after I took car for a spin they settled to driverside 690 and passenger 695. Still after all that went on this arvo still happy with my new nismo suspension.

Finally got around to cleaning the blue stag... Ten weeks after baby was born!

Gotta say another couple of dints/ scratches that were'nt there before thanks to the wife for trying to park next to nice cars.... Told her the ones with the bmw's and Audi's plus kids care less than the commonwhore owners!!

It wasn't that bad till I ran over something on the motorway & a few days later I heard what sounded like a line of tread flying off... I pulled up & saw what you see in the pic. You could actually put your fingers between the tread & case.. very scary. Drove home @ 40 kph & next day bought the new ones :)

AM Performance finished my new intake pipe. Will post pics later. I finally have everything I need to do the cruise control so thats my plan for today, depriving Leon of any and all comedy material he may have been preparing.