SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

<3 my fumoto drain valve, still going strong after 5 years

Don't like your neighbour? Piss on his lawn with oil

Then sit there for 5 mins while you refill your car with oil and he asks what the f you're doing with a loud skyline on his property...

never really got those,

takes a few sec to remove a sump plug...

go have a beer and do something interesting.

come back few sec later sump plug back in place.

so it saves you a crush washer but in reality takes longer.

meh

still don;t trust a ripple strip vibrating one loose..

Realistically it takes a few minutes to get a spanner, reach under car and locate it to remove a plug and then have the oil piss all over it / bolt potentially fall in the pan, then replace the washer and clean the thread before putting it back in. I chuck a pan under the car and flick a switch. Mess free oil change anywhere anytime. It's handy for cleanly draining oil overfills too.

As a fastener it's no different to a sump plug so can't think ripple strips would hurt it any more than a sump plug. For that matter I doubt ripple strips would be any worse than some of the corrugated gravel roads I've driven on either. It's fun having a quick, hail-damaged daily driver and not caring too much what you drive it on.

Anyway, I don't really need to sell it on its merits, but I do think they are worth having if you do regular oil changes; might be one of those have to try it things.

Realistically it takes a few minutes to get a spanner, reach under car and locate it to remove a plug and then have the oil piss all over it / bolt potentially fall in the pan, then replace the washer and clean the thread before putting it back in. I chuck a pan under the car and flick a switch. Mess free oil change anywhere anytime. It's handy for cleanly draining oil overfills too.

As a fastener it's no different to a sump plug so can't think ripple strips would hurt it any more than a sump plug. For that matter I doubt ripple strips would be any worse than some of the corrugated gravel roads I've driven on either. It's fun having a quick, hail-damaged daily driver and not caring too much what you drive it on.

Anyway, I don't really need to sell it on its merits, but I do think they are worth having if you do regular oil changes; might be one of those have to try it things.

post-10032-1427378500255_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Hey guys, what's the difference between the 52T and 56T for the Garrett GT3076R? I'm looking at running two of them for my TT setup on zee 6L but Commodore blokes are useless with turbos.

Aiming for the 500rwkw mark if that's any help?

i'm going to take a wild stab that the 56T is larger

seriously doe, speak to Tao from hypergear and ask him about it.

He recently made 2 custom turbo's for Cat's LS1TT that makes huge power and they are right on the money

Cheers mate, I heard the 56T was larger too but not sure in what regards though? Is it to do with the impeller?

Also, if I'm not running Garretts, my tuner has reccomended Turbonetics. Haven't heard much about Turbonetics on SAU so thoughts?

Hey guys, what's the difference between the 52T and 56T for the Garrett GT3076R? I'm looking at running two of them for my TT setup on zee 6L but Commodore blokes are useless with turbos.

waaaaahhhht

dont like the supercharger? whats re-sale on something like that... shiiiet

waaaaahhhht

dont like the supercharger? whats re-sale on something like that... shiiiet

I LOVE the supercharger! Very snappy and loads of fun. But I got over it and want to get back behind a turbo (two of them at least anyway).

Don't wanna discuss price but the buyer is gettting A LOT of bang for buck.

Put it this way: I chucked it up for sale on a couple Facey buy/sell pages and had 4 calls regarding it within 24 hours (2 were interstate, where 1 was prepared to drive down from NSW to pickup that weekend if I could get the blower off in time).

Pretty confident both would make your goal easily, on around 6psi most likely. ;)

• Like 2

Pretty confident both would make your goal easily, on around 6psi most likely. ;)

Sweet! But is there a spool difference between 52 and 56? (Like that's even a legitiment concern on a V8 LOL)

Only 6psi?! I was hoping to run about 15psi on E85 LOL