SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Not a very good one

Jeans and no tie is not befitting of the highest office in the state

Nothing wrong with being a man of the people.

lol

he sounded like a bloke on a construction site without the swearing

I'd rather listen to someone talk normal than listen to other politicians trying to sound like they're not just cashed up cock suckers

Only selected channels and programs play in 5.1 so the majority of the time it will be in stereo.

If you want to watch stuff with 5.1 sound just download it. It's cheaper and is generally better quality haha. One of the reasons I don't have Foxtel even though I can get it for nothing.

Only really got it for the F1 /motogp/ AFL... I'll probably keep comedy channel etc but that's about it

• Like 1

It's both. One is Joe Citizen feeling the polly is out of touch or is not relatable, more likely a labor voter...the other is also Joe Citizen, who feels that someone entrusted with governing the country should talk/dress/act a cut above the average person, more likely a liberal voter. You have crossover in the middle, but none of that matters when the masses are divided so heavily down the middle in what is effectively a two party system. So you pretty much pick your voter and change your appearance to suit them making you a tool/whore, or stay a 2 dimensional narrow minded twit and allign yourself to a party and everything that goes with it.

Bring on autocracy.

I use this argument a lot with people (because I mean, arguing is fun) whenever people say

THE SYSTEM DOESNT WORK

ITS ALL f**kED

GIVE UP THE END IS NIGH

and so on

Especially re: America "THE BIBLE THUMPERS ARE DOOMING THE WORLD" types.

To me, politicians are, and have always been, and always will be... tools of the people.

Like they're supposed to be.

But in reality, they're bending their appearance, viewpoints, etc in order to obtain votes, votes which are essentially a popularity contest.

I fully reckon that social change will happen no matter who is in government. I believe exactly 0% of politicians in the USA thought that Gay Marriage was a great idea and pushed it on their own before the public expressed demand for it.

See also: Decriminalization of Marijuana

These are public opinions that have manifested and swayed politicians to create/change policy whether the parties involved want to, or not. Social change will always do this, no matter who is in power.

So when I explain this is why I voted liberal, to the most die hard labor hipster beard, tree hugging, plant eating, soy drinking leftist free love psycho, they lose their minds.

And like, that's pretty fun.

Let someone numbers minded handle the numbers, the social side will find its way through anyway.

love all the whinging about bracket creep tipping people into higher tax bracket and its sooo unfair... But it's ok for the people in that bracket now cos they earn more? Just not fair when you earn more and have to pay a higher share... Dat logic.

Has facebook actually identified which retards it was yet?

ive seen people i know tagging people that look like they would know those kinds of retards... so, technically yes?

$79/month for 100Mbps 500GB is pretty good...

yeah thats not too bad. i would be tempted to go cable for $10/month extra than i pay now, especially with internode getting swept up in the TPG buy-out

I hope they don't catch them

And this is why

"We're very confident that with the help of the public we can locate this driver, we can identify him, we can charge him with the appropriate offences and we can get him off the road," Inspector Simon Humphrey told A Current Affair.

Translation:

We're very confident that with the help of the enthusiast communities whom we regularly and unfairly target and tax for revenue on a daily basis, we can oust a couple of people from within it.

Really? Can not think of a better analogy than than the Sheriff of Nottingham asking people to kindly rat out the whereabouts of Robin Hood

Also lol'd hard at typical ACA facts

ACA fact 1: S13s are one of the rarest cars in Australia

ACA fact 2: S13s are commonly used by hoons

ACA fact 3: we don't proof read these

Also lol'd hard at typical ACA facts

ACA fact 1: S13s are one of the rarest cars in Australia

ACA fact 2: S13s are commonly used by hoons

ACA fact 3: we don't proof read these

Up there with the legendary burgundy s1 r33.
  • Like 1

Fact 4

people who do shit like that and street drags should be removed from the street end of story.

there just too many options to do that in a controlled environment for low$$ these days to have an excuse about the man keeping them down.