SAU Community

2013 V8 Supercar Series

Whiplash

They do know the main 120L tanks capacity, but they don't know the level in the 10L swirl pot that's inside the tank bladder.

The car should start with 120L and a full swirl pot.

So in theory using 1.2L/km they should be able to go 108km's at race speed which the other 3 nissans did.....

Problem rick would have had was that he had several cars wanting his position so he'd have been using more fuel during the race to maintain position.

Who knows why but the older engines are still running group fired injection and single coil dizzy setups. The nissans and Mercs are fully sequential multi coil arrangements but they can't get onto the consumption of the dinosaur push rod engines, they are just that efficient.

Brad, I was under the impression (from the Motec V8 support personal) that the COTF engines are all sequential and individual coils (powered by the new M1xx series ECU's) The teams had the option of running either group or sequential firing on the old engines (with the M880 ECU), with most using group fire as it left a few outputs available to be used elsewhere on the car, prior to the development of PDM's E8xx and SVIM's.

They are correct.

The COTF engines are run sequentially. The holden version is based on the LSX engine frame from GM performance.

The older aroura engines most of them are using are still being run in the exact same way as they were last year. Grouped with single channel CDI and coil.

I'm not aware of anyone using the V8 supercars supplied and homologated engines that are seq run. Perhaps when other manufactures come that don't produce a V8 we will see those engines being used.

The pace built and V8 supercars owned chassis do have the homologated "off the shelf" engines fitted.

They do know the main 120L tanks capacity, but they don't know the level in the 10L swirl pot that's inside the tank bladder.

The car should start with 120L and a full swirl pot.

So in theory using 1.2L/km they should be able to go 108km's at race speed which the other 3 nissans did.....

Problem rick would have had was that he had several cars wanting his position so he'd have been using more fuel during the race to maintain position.

Who knows why but the older engines are still running group fired injection and single coil dizzy setups. The nissans and Mercs are fully sequential multi coil arrangements but they can't get onto the consumption of the dinosaur push rod engines, they are just that efficient.

Thought the COTF tanks were 112 litres or similar?

Premier fuel systems are supplying the fuel cells distributed through racer industries.

They are now effectively two tanks in one with a divider plate to lower capacity.

75L and 120L.

he looks good in a dress :wacko:

Nissan threw away 6th by neglecting to put enough fuel in....who would make that sort of error :ph34r:

Just hit the fuel pump with a hammer and she'll be right hey?

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody mentioning that Gary Rogers will be running two Volvos next year?

Good to see the series kicking a few goals re manfacturers. Next test will be to get some satellite series going and then have a 4 World Championship rounds. Spa, Bathurst, a US circuit and Silverstone or something

• Like 1

Nobody mentioning that Gary Rogers will be running two Volvos next year?

Good to see the series kicking a few goals re manfacturers. Next test will be to get some satellite series going and then have a 4 World Championship rounds. Spa, Bathurst, a US circuit and Silverstone or something

Yeah good on em for taking the punt!

It will upset a lot of people but i like the fact that its not just the old Bogandore and Foulcans!

I don't think it will upset many at all.

There are a LOT of diehard fans... They may not be upset now but when the other makes catch up and start winning races they might ;)

I don't see any of the new manufactures winning races anytime soon. I think the mercs will probably be the first to do it, followed by the volvos and then the Nissans (if they ever actually win, which I doubt with the current driver lineup)

There is a long way between the bottom of the top 10 and the podium though. I doubt any of the new cars will get to the top 5 anytime soon without it involving the front runners taking each other out.