SAU Community

2014 World Time Attack Discussion

GTR32G

Realistically, it's had zero tests/shake downs if the pics and stuff we've seen are to be believed. I think it's more likely going to spend the weekend broken in the pits.

Hey, look, this guy was right....!

(Regarding US GTR)

:P

Good day, seemed a lot of mechanical carnage going on. Lots of broken things laying round in the pits. Lots of busy crew members.

Brian was providing some great entertainment sliding the R35 round. Disappointed that an emo pushed Scorch off the top step late in the arvo, let's hope he can find a bit more and win it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Turns out i have to hit attach :/

Wasnt much happening so we retreated to the hotel early lol. Shoulda brought a laptop so i could actually upload pics off my camera, especially of the 767b :D

post-79918-0-30494900-1413540526_thumb.jpg

That Livestream was really good. Tilton evo just got it, obviously losing power down the final straight, falling to bits went 1:24.84, Mca went 1:25.7, good lap from SVG. Then US came thru with a 1:24.88. Last runs where very late in the arvo losing light in not the best track conditions I would think.

Tilton was lucky to get away with the win, but congrats to them they seemed to have a horrible weekend wi their car

Shoutout to Richo, I don't know you but man that was good seeing you punt the gtst around for all us gtst owners and for sau in generals awesome driving mate and a few really nice sideways moments too !

Dean lollie did a nice job putting the 32 and 34 onto the podium in open class I think it was.

Edited by Gts30t

I actually thought it was a lot more interesting to watch on the stream than live. When you're out there it's hard to work out who's on a flyer and there's no way to work out who's in front. On the stream you follow the car for it's hot lap and you can see how hard they are pushing. Still it's a great event, and great to see these cars in the flesh and on full song. And the women! Sweet mother of jebus...

If you're there purely for the comp then I think the LiveStream might be the go, but the experience as a whole was great. Walking the pits in particular, chatting to drivers and teams, inspecting cars, getting up close to Nagata, Orido, Tanaguichi, etc, these are names I grew up watching on Jap DVDs etc. Plus the noise, the smell, the stress, it's amazing.

What happened to Team America?

Too many Cosworth and Pectel parts ie UK parts for it to run reliably :( But it did look better than expected all stickered up from the pics I saw. Shame to see them not get many kms under their belt give all the work that has gone in to it. Still, team Last Minute will always struggle with such complex cars