SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Ling long tires $400
Engine conversion $6k
Final inspection wash/wax/vacuum $10k
#priorities

Tyres will be purchased, once the rims are purchased, to fit the gtr guards, once the car is ready for painting, which needs a gtr bonnet & front lip ~_~

10 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:
10 hours ago, dezz said:
Positive interest after dropping 50%..

With iw2 basically being ditched with no positive result and costing 10's of millions... I'm surprised it's at the price it is.

For the first time I don't agree with how management handled that one...I interpreted it as basically a drawn out version of "well this isn't working" covered up with "well we've got plenty of data anyway to initiate a farm out". They haven't done anything dishonest given the results from that drill were never a guaranteed thing, but I'd sooner they own it in a concise manner in their report. Announcement confusion is the worst thing for this share and given the complex nature of oil drilling it really needs to be translated into layman terms let alone using unnecessarily confusing language.

Share is still worth a heap IMO, given what they can do with the HRZ and a horizontal well - IW2 was just a test well to prove up the resource and they alluded to having farm out offers on the table before they drilled it - not to mention what else is on the acreage in the way of conventional. But yeah, the lambos will be waiting another year at least lol. Should be a nice spike when/if a farm out partner is announced or leading up to it. I'd personally be taking advantage of poor market sentiment towards the share right now as people head in the opposite direction and undervalue it. 100,000 shares for ~2k yes please.

If you're just chopping them up, there is software that comes with the gopro that worked just fine when I last edited something a few years back...

8 hours ago, Down_Shift said:

Any recommendation of video editing programs? Something easy for the average Joe and nothing like what Steven Spielberg uses.

Need to edit my vids from Metec incident ?

Windows movie maker

18 minutes ago, Birds said:

Windows movie maker

i actually fund this very easy to use...pity they removed it from our work laptops.

I use prism video editor I think. Free and easy. Nothing special.

When 88e went from horizontal to vertical, I thought nothing of it, but now the failure to flow test IW2 with artificial lift and the conclusion being "a horizontal drill is probably needed" certainly makes that decision a shit one in hindsight.
Other than keeping costs down, I don't know why they didn't use artificial lift to begin with when 90% of all Wells use it. Maybe an analyst wanted to try something different. It's seems to have cost almost a year to prove very little.

But, we're no experts. Oh well.

So has anyone actually made a decent profit off 88e (other than Birds pre-VWL 88e announcements) or does it just keep bouncing around and being unpredictable?

So has anyone actually made a decent profit off 88e (other than Birds pre-VWL 88e announcements) or does it just keep bouncing around and being unpredictable?

Leigh?

But what's classed as a decent profit?

I haven't sold any yet.
So maybe an accompany question should be: has anyone lost any decent money on it?

Would I prefer my money with 88E as opposed to sitting in a savings account at 1.6 or 1.8% per annum? Fo sho
But I guess the key is balance? Trying to expand my holdings into a portfolio. Finding decent companies not in sketchy industries is fairly difficult.

5 hours ago, Odium said:

It's a long term play for most, the kind of thing that has a piece of string length to it...

I made further profits post VWL announcement by trading it short term. And if anyone heeded my warning to buy at the tail end of last year when it dropped to 1.8 cents, they'd have more than doubled their money a few months later. So there's definitely opportunity to make short term profit on it, but I'm guessing most here like me are invested in it for the long term now, in which case you just leave the money in there and follow the news. It's a roulette spin - you either gonna lose it all or buy a lambo.

Unrelated, this cheapie Dell laptop I got for ~$400 can play CSGO. 40-60fps - definitely playable and it's low detail/shadow settings but still impressive for internal graphics.

16 hours ago, Birds said:

Unrelated, this cheapie Dell laptop I got for ~$400 can play CSGO. 40-60fps - definitely playable and it's low detail/shadow settings but still impressive for internal graphics.

So when we playing Quake?

• Like 2

CSGO is probably the most optimised game ever made.

They use it to measure mouse click to screen time and can get it to 1ms or so. Which seems impossible, but there ya go

Is quake good? I'm usually up for a Sunday night sesh