SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

16 hours ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Here is the E65 Dyno run ,looking good

E65 Scott.JPG

I have put this in my thread but it might be of interest to those of you that understand, me ?

Just to add something the Tuner said.

I would not read into the dyno response figures at low RPM too much as I had to run at a much higher ramp rate that I would like due to the torque splitting playing havoc on the dyno.  This is very common for GTR’s on dynos when the power output is very high.  The best comparison is to see how long it takes to reach x boost from x boost.  Not just RPM.  I can literally put the foot down and have boost on demand in your car with this turbo.  It is very sharp.

4 hours ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

I have put this in my thread but it might be of interest to those of you that understand, me ?

Just to add something the Tuner said.

I would not read into the dyno response figures at low RPM too much as I had to run at a much higher ramp rate that I would like due to the torque splitting playing havoc on the dyno.  This is very common for GTR’s on dynos when the power output is very high.  The best comparison is to see how long it takes to reach x boost from x boost.  Not just RPM.  I can literally put the foot down and have boost on demand in your car with this turbo.  It is very sharp.

I'd be more worried about the rpm vs speed relationship and the fact the run wasn't done in a 1:1 gear ratio...

Turning over at 6000rpm?

2 minutes ago, SimonR32 said:

I'd be more worried about the rpm vs speed relationship and the fact the run wasn't done in a 1:1 gear ratio...

Turning over at 6000rpm?

I would assume that's because it is tuned to turbine wheel speed and tapering off boost to keep it under the threshold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SimonR32 said:

Turning over at 6000rpm?

Can't remember what has been said in here, but the boost peaks and then rolls off - not because the turbo had nothing else in it, but because the brief was more about low down/midrange and reliability as opposed to give it all she's got capn' - as far as I know.    This is definitely not maxed out at any point of the rev range, and I'd say if it had a flat boost curve it'd look less like it rolls over.

Pretty sure it's only around 20psi at peak rpm.

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

I actually believe it was 24 or 25psi tapering off to 20 to keep turbo speeds at 120000rpm. 

yes, 25 to 20 on the E65 runs I think. I asked to day for a graph with the psi details ?

20 on the pump I think , maybe 21

17 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Short test run today , looks pretty good.

As you can see, just starts going at 3K and keeps going

8374 first run after tune.mp4

Looks good, mate!   In 2nd gear it looks like it's got GOOD boost by 3500rpm without trying too hard, and picks up hard when shifting in the 6000rpm range.  

2 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Just running under 3k from to have a look at it and went better from idle in 1st as well, the idle is now 900rpm , not 1200 and hunting :)

I thought it looked pretty tough over 3k , very linear as well.

Wheels  are you entering a tractor pull contest? 

2 hours ago, HarrisRacing said:

Really nice. What are the specs on the engine (I totally forgot).

3.2 Nitto Stroker

HKS Vcam step 2   with UE 260  10.85 Exhaust

EFR8374 , 4" dump into 3 1/2 to tail

8:5 CR

And all the stuff to make it all work together .

I will be giving it my first runaround noon today :)

• Like 1

Had a quick run when the car was dropped off yesterday and could feel the difference without smashing it hard.

I went for a run early this morning and it is a different machine to drive , first I gave it some up to from idle 7500 and it felt like it was hard all the way after 3200 and got there pretty quickly from idle, felt great.

Then I did some changes at 5000rpm and it was on boost through 1,2,3,4 and 5th had to stop

Next I did the same at 4000rpm 1,2,3 and 4th to see what happen, it was just about ready to fly in another 300rpm ish from each change, mad!

You can dive it anywhere in 6th gear in a 60 , 80 or 100kph zone without changing back on any hill , the only time I had to change was on the 35kph bends going up to a step incline , that torque is just so good in a street car , especially if you want to relax a bit

I would say it is very close to 900rpm better while driving it in any gear if you want to get it going. it really starts to get going at 3000 and hard just after that :wub:

From my experience , in my car it smashed the 6266 everywhere as a driving experience.

Happy camper, you bet , it is a great car to drive at any speed and just feels alive everywhere

• Like 5

That is mega impressive, Not necessarily too surprising but still awesome that it is performing like that and it sounds like something that finally gives you the GTR experience you had been looking for.  Long expensive and frustrating journey at times but finally there!

Congrats on building a beast, hope there are many fun drives on The horizon with the new found power, response and general road manners:)    cheers for the update, too!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lithium said:

That is mega impressive, Not necessarily too surprising but still awesome that it is performing like that and it sounds like something that finally gives you the GTR experience you had been looking for.  Long expensive and frustrating journey at times but finally there!

Congrats on building a beast, hope there are many fun drives on The horizon with the new found power, response and general road manners:)    cheers for the update, too!

Thanks mate, it has been a while but I finally got the car going how I wanted it to go and its a fun ride

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

Makes me excited to get mine.

Soon hopefully :(

You will love it :wub:

Paul and Mick could explain it better in car bloke talk, they had 25klm each down a nice bit of driving road, well except for the pot holes , lol