Dart concept RB26 and/or RB30 blocks

khezz

On 10/20/2022 at 4:05 PM, The Bogan said:

Which one? BA, BF or FG

BA BF = $100 for a long

FG = $150 for a long motor 

My mate at work is constantly bending my ear in all things Barra

Not bad for a base that is so capable and easy to build for small change

yeah its ridiculous how cheap they are. and you can get silly power from a stock block

On 10/18/2022 at 6:15 PM, r32-25t said:

That was my thinking when I bought the billet block, yes it costs more to begin with but it wasnt much more compared to buying another cast block and doing everything to strengthen it properly and I still would have had a weaker block at the other end 

It's really unfortunate IMO that billet means it's no longer really streetable. I want an engine that you can count 10 seconds and start driving as long as ambient temps are over 5C. I'm also not super wedded to 8mm thick liners or anything like that, my power requirements are comically low and covered by stock block but it's really everything else that keeps me up at night.

7 minutes ago, joshuaho96 said:

It's really unfortunate IMO that billet means it's no longer really streetable. I want an engine that you can count 10 seconds and start driving as long as ambient temps are over 5C. I'm also not super wedded to 8mm thick liners or anything like that, my power requirements are comically low and covered by stock block but it's really everything else that keeps me up at night.

I wouldn’t spend 10 of thousands of dollars to build an engine and hit the key and rip my foot off the clutch the second it fired no matter what material the block was made from, I’d warm it up either way so it makes no difference. I’ve seen plenty of billet blocks driven on the street now and know that I’ve made the right choice 

• 3 weeks later...

Be nice to have a new cast block I'd say.  Mine been 600hp for 8 years with stock R33 GTR block i brought from the wreckers for $400 and got it scanned etc.

Almost time for a refresh with 50,000km+ on it :).

Kids have slowed down the KM's on it now days though.

Edited by Stixbnr32
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

and found the important bit

Q: what’s the price point?
A: Don’t hold us to it but our target price is around 8k for the 1500hp version and 10k for the integrated main cap version with 4 bolt main option 3000hp.
Note: We aim to include main bolts and ALL machine work to spec for a ready to build torque plate finished solution.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, Butters said:

prp cast sample posted today

May be an image of text

Imagine doing all that design work and forgetting 4 cylinders....

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Butters said:

next update

On paper, this would be epic

4 bolt mains

better oil drains

90mm + bore 

thicker deck 

PRP are seriously leading the world in RB’s.  From where Herman started to where he’s taken that brand is phenomenal. Australia is at the absolute forefront of investment in a 30+ year platform!

• Like 1

Not the same engine, but good talk about billet, and the issues and requirements for building big HP alloy blocks that can survive on the street, well, survive for a while anyway without needing pre warming the block