SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

I'm confused when it comes to wheels & tyres - I have a R32 2 door GTS-T the current tyres are a 255/50R16 - Ploughing through these forums I cannot see if these are the standard tyres - Should I buy the same size again? I think the wheels are standard 5 studs and there are no oversize panels. 

How do I measure the wheels correctly?

What do the numbers mean? ***/**R**

When I look at the usual online selection choices for a R32 GTS-T they seem to be:

Falken - 225/50R16

Bridgestone - 225/50R16

Michelin- 225/50R16

Bob Jane - Front: 205/55/R16 & 215/45R17

Bob Jane - Rear: 225/50/R16 & 235/40R17

What size should I buy?

The first number is the tyre width.

The second number is the aspect ratio (ie the wall height relative tot he tyre width).

The third number is the rim size it sits on (in inches).

The standard tyre size will be written on a placard on the car - isually on a door frame or in the gloverbox.

I think you meant 225/50/16 fitted to your car.  Which is I think the standard size.

What wheels do you have?

GTS-t = 16x6.5, 205/55 tyres

GT-R = 16x8, 225/50 tyres

from memory

I recommend: https://www.tyresales.com.au/buy/tyre/bridgestone/potenza_adrenalin_re003/205-55r16/126037?q=4&delivery=NSW

or

https://www.tyresales.com.au/buy/tyre/michelin/pilot_sport_4/205-55r16/161279?q=4&delivery=NSW

sadly Hankook V12 are out of stock, as that's what I run on my turbo Liberty and highly recommend them.

Got some cst hyperzero 18x9.5+15r with 215 35 tires!!

17x9.5+15f 215 40 tyres 

R33 gtst pretty low on coil overs 

what kind of trouble will I get fitting them?

i have adjustable camber arms in the Rear. Adjustable castor arms in the front.

i have over fenders on the rear but no modifications to the body itself 

You'll get people like me with 18x9 +30 CST Hyperzero's with 265/35/18 front and rear laughing at your lack of grip.

However they will fit, but only with the streched to the max tyres you've got on. I would wager you'd need a roll but with that extreme amount of stretch you may not lol.

20 hours ago, thomathy said:

Cheers man appreciate your input, yep it’s going to be a bit slippery with the 420 hp at the wheels ? it’s mostly used for drifting although is registered!

With that amount of stretch there is a good chance of the tyre slipping off the shoulder with subsequent instant loss of air - seen it before happening to drifters ( better if it happens on the track than on the road).

For a drift car its not that uncommon a size, have seen these CST's in your sizes on S15's etc a lot and they aren't too drastic, but people won't be running 265's on them under the guard.

With camber and rolling which is also pretty damn common in a drift scenario these are well in the "can be made to work" scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im really struggling to get my head around a few things

Im going to put some new wheels on my 34 sedan. The gaurds are rolled with a slight pull

Im looking at Work emotion T7R 2p pictured below.

Im looking at 19inch front and back no step rim.

The width i can get ranges from 7.5 to 12.5 and just about any positive to neg offset i want!

also comes with a few disk types 

A disk - Standard brake clearance [Deep concave]
L disk - Big caliper brake clearance [Semi concave]
R disk - Big caliper brake clearance [Semi concave]

Im really getting my self confused, im after dish in these rims. im getting myself confused what size rim to what offset to clear the brakes and fit roughly near the gaurds. And then how much dish the wheel should have

Can anyone help :/

emotion-2p-t7r-2p.jpg

Skyline model = R33 GTST

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9"

Wheel offset = 35

Tyre size = 245/40r18  square set

Modifications to fit = rolled guards. 20mm spacers on the front

However, it seems to be rubbing against the fender on pretty standard turning angles, (about half turn away from full lock?). This is a lot worse if there's a dip or something in the road. Thoughts on camber?

79301708_2474147492828903_8265804289323040768_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys , need some help on purchasing some 15" wheels for the rear only

Have a R33 gtst with dba T3 discs with oem calipers 

Saw these buddy club P1 SF wheels 15x7+40 for sale and in a 15x7 +35 

I Have 2x mt 255/60/R15 I want to put on the rear

Would these wheels be ok to clear the rear brakes/caliper ?? as in around the edges of the caliper 

Any help would be great or anyone know if they would fit 

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...