SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yes that would be the anti surge slots that are plug able if you don't like the sound or lag. usually be seeing 300RPM of differences in lag.

Congratulations to John Rico taking 1st in Sprint class of WTAC Rear wheel drive. Fastest lap of 1.41.44

19692309.jpg

19691583.jpg

310rwkws on Standard 21U high flow with high pressure actuator on E85 fuel 19psi.

12311648.jpg

19765146.jpg

• Like 3

you guys realize that a T51R sounds the way it does because....

well its a T51R and not an ss2

maybe tao can build you an exact replica and you can have gay as rainbow noises

you guys realize that a T51R sounds the way it does because....

well its a T51R and not an ss2

maybe tao can build you an exact replica and you can have gay as rainbow noises

If you actually read my initial post my question was why does it sound the way it does. I asked as I thought that stao would know seeing as he builds turbos for a living.

Also it's beyond me how anyone can not love that sound haha. If I can use my SS2 (which I love) and also get it to sound more aggressive then what's the issue? As stao said I'm running an RB30 bottom end with what most people would consider and undersized turbo, and I don't really give a f**k about extra lag (within reason)

Please understand that different people enjoy different things and not everyone has to share your viewpoint

"that sound' is always going to sound bigger and better on a bigger and better turbo for sure.

The HKS 3037 Pro also makes that sound but in a less powerful way than the T51R because, well, it is a less powerful turbo.

If you get the surge slots in your turbo it will probably be like this. Decent and what you are after, but it is never going to have that 'end of days' sound like a T51R spooling up.

eg this vs this

3037 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzN5uolGKII (0:24)

T51R https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU5YT2jqcmA (1:18)

• Like 1

ct15bfronts.jpg

1000 CC Injectors
450 LPH E85 Fuel Pump
Hypergear CT15B high flowed turbocharger internally gated
Tuned on E85
Standard Automatic

309rwkws on 20psi
jzxauto300rwkw.jpg

Read more: http://www.jzx100.com/forum/topic/15403-about-high-flowed-ct15b-turbochargers-293rwkws-20psi-p98/page-12#ixzz3HjLIog9K

I'll try and find a video of my HKS GT2835KAI, it had a surge slotted front cover and whistled like crazy without ever going terribly fast. Would even whistle going around car parks. Sounded pretty cool, just a shame it never lived up to the old Pro S

The KAI had a removable 'snout' with the surge slots, I ended up getting another one made without the surge slots to see if it improved anything, think it may have improved torque slightly, noise was still there because the bolt holes for the snout were still in the front of the snout, had just lost the surge slots between them. Odd little turbo that one. They should have stuck with the Pro S

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos of a pair of our high flowed Greedy T517Z in 10cm Rear for a GTR. Now fitted with our SL20.5 CHRAs and enlarged 36mm internal wastegate. They should be now good enough to reach 500rwkws+. Will update results once tuned.

2front.jpg

gate.jpg

rear.jpg

• Like 1