SAU Community

R33 Gtr V Spec - Importr

12 minutes ago, IMACUL8 said:

Thanks Ben

As far as a Quaife sequential - that's what I had previously - never again.

Is that because of parts support from SVS or because the box wasn't up to it ? You had a QBE33G, the 750hp rated one from memory right ? The current QBE91G sequential is a completely different beast (released in 2017) and I am yet to hear of a failure - has much higher torque load rating and seems like they actually have it right this time.

I used to deal with then a lot with the Trust / Quaife H dog box and found their parts support pretty decent. 

Anyway best outcome is really to sort your Albins issues out directly with them.

• Thanks 1

Have had nothing but good experiences with Samsonas and have yet to break it.

That and after seeing how loud and clunky the Albins are comparatively I wouldn't touch it anyway.

Man that sucks.  you've got all the nice fruit and to be held up bolting it all together because of a few little componenets  must be bloody annoying!

Sell the gearbox and buy a pool for the kids?

• Like 1

lol - already got the pool mate ;)

Its D day.......   consumed with this..... Pass the albins off now - and slide over to Samsonas.... or stay with Albins.....

Thanks for the recommendation Brett.......  for me the big thing is how easy Jason is to deal with - and how quick he responds / communicates with me....  that gives me confidence in the event of any issues.......

• Like 1

My 2c, stick with the Albins, stay on top of your supplier and roast them for the delay, but wait it out. I know a few boys now running the Albins and all are very happy with them. Think of it like this, it would be a GTR if it didn’t give you stress! 

• 1 year later...

Update.

Stage 2: (Aug 20 – Feb 22)

Borg Warner EFR 8474

Albins ST6 Gearbox - 6 Speed / Street Ratios

Platinum Racing Products - Billet Sequential Shifter Unit

OS Giken 4RC Clutch

Haltech Elite 2500 PnP ECU

Flex Fuel

Recaro Sportster CS Seats x 2

Bride Super Seat rails XR Type x 2

Work Meister SP1 S3 18x10.5 +12 

Catch Can Modification – add filters / coat

Custom 3.5” Stainless Down Pipe

Custom Gearbox Oil Cooler (Rear mounted)

Custom Power Steering Reservoir/Bracket

Silicon Intercooler Joiners - Black

Aeroflo Fuel Rail

2000CC Bosch Injectors

Custom R34 GTR Steering Wheel – Carbon Fibre / Alcantara

Samco Black Radiator Hose kit

GTR_1.jpg

GTR_2.jpg

GTR_3.jpg

GTR_4.jpg

GTR_7.jpeg

GTR_8.jpeg

GTR_9.jpg

GTR_0.jpg

• Like 8

Yes - The current shifter PRP are selling for the Albins boxes - "Billet Sequential Shifter Unit" - is what I had to wait for.

The package was sold to me as a bolt in option - no mods to tunnel required / no mod to tail shaft etc.

The box itself fits amazing - mechanic said fitment was spot on - just like factory.  Uses stock shafts and standard cross member to - no need to purchase different cross member. But the shifter initially supplied did not work with standard tunnel - it would need to be modded - which I was not willing to do.  So that's where the drama started. Back and forth for 9 months / 3 or 4 versions - and finally we have a shifter that fits without tunnel mod.

Special smaller / bent fittings are also needed to make the gearbox oil lines fit with no issue/no mods to tunnel.

The actual box - is fantastic.  Extremely happy.  Ill post a vid of the sound !

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 1

I really like the shifter as it doesn't have the bulky base like the Samsonas.  I am having the factory gear boot re-done in Alcantara with the opening just slightly larger to accommodate the shifter.  Once fitted - will look stockish at the base with just the shifter giving away any clues of shenanigans! 

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 6

I will post some better pics soon - I have car for run in and it will be going back for a finish up / check soon (including new coils).  I'm still waiting on a few finishing cosmetic items.

I must say a big thank you to Benny who is a big advocate for the EFR turbo - the 8474 with the 2.7L is a response monster.

Power everywhere - every gear - instant power.  Its amazing.  Car will be re-dynod when it goes back with new coils and I will post results after that.  As a comparison to my T76 (502kw at wheels) - this kills it.it would be making more than 500kw with response and power everywhere.  Extremely happy.  They not as pretty as the Precision - but fark me they are amazing!

IMG_20220131_132655.jpg

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 5

On 01/04/2022 at 5:18 PM, IMACUL8 said:

Update.

Borg Warner EFR 8474

2000CC Bosch Injectors

Awesome build, and the 8474 is an excellent turbo - a made recently made 620kw @ hubs on his 2JZ with an insane power curve.  If you aren't shy with it then you're going to completely slap the old T76 setup everywhere :)

Always concerns me seeing Bosch 2000s, especially on builds like this.  Hope you don't have any issues - look forward to the final results!

Also are you still running the factory CAS or has that been modified to just only return a home signal?

If that's OEM I would swap it out for a NZ Wiring cam trigger kit, 24 -1 setup but you won't have triggering errors like the OEM optical wheel 

Also brakes wise, look at 355mm 370Z calipers using Z1 Motorsport adaptors. Should be plenty for your car and track work when paired with decent pads.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 7:43 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Also are you still running the factory CAS or has that been modified to just only return a home signal?

If that's OEM I would swap it out for a NZ Wiring cam trigger kit, 24 -1 setup but you won't have triggering errors like the OEM optical wheel 

Also brakes wise, look at 355mm 370Z calipers using Z1 Motorsport adaptors. Should be plenty for your car and track work when paired with decent pads.

Yes I believe I am.  CAS and coils will be done when I return the car shortly.  Not sure yet as to what option I will use for each as yet.  Very keen to get it done and push the tune more.