SAU Community

The ever evolving R32 GTR build

On 2/10/2019 at 11:51 AM, mr_rbman said:

ABS is one things that isn't back in yet, have heard bleeding that is a nightmare so not looking forward to it...

My motor was rebuilt by the previous owner where they just cut the a/c lines and basically ruined the whole system, i'm in the process now of trying to chase bits and pieces down in order to try and have a/c running when the car is back together...

Don't get caught releasing that stuff to atmosphere, not good...

My car should be done with the panel beaters this week, so will share some pics. I actually called a number of people to come and collect the gas, as 2 of them that came out, said they don't have the right machine, apparently its too hard due to the age of the car.. wtf. Anyway so that took me a while but all done.

Removing the AC system was actually very easy once the gas was removed. I chose to go with the original matt black color. Will de-grease all the parts and fit new sleeves to all the looms where possible.

I left the ABS and brake assembly on as kinda needed it haha. The workshop will do all of that for me, and I'll just have to somehow bleed the fker.

Any progress on yours so far?

• Like 1

Sloooooow but steady progress nevertheless...

Just waiting on bearings to come in now, as you can see mine were put together by a Muppet in a sandpit by the looks of things :34_rolling_eyes: then the assembly of the motor will take place...

Finally got the block back earlier this week from being sleeved and machined, took the opportunity to have the crank cleaned and grub screwed at the same time... always wanted to have a freshly cleaned and painted block, came out pretty good i think...

At least in hindsight i now know every little inch of what's now gone into this motor so hopefully it will help me sleep that little bit better at night...

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WantGTR said:

Wow. Those twins look serious. What are the specs?

Basically -7's with some larger billet wheels...

Time will tell I guess the results...

My hope is for -9 response with a touch more top end but who knows...

Just now, r32-25t said:

I keep seeing these pop up in the -5 version but no one seems to be forthcoming with actual results 

ye i think everyone is in the same position as me with their builds...

I too know a heap of people who've gone for the '-5 versions' but i seem to been one of very few gone for the smaller versions...

• Like 1

I’ve got a blown set of -5s sitting in my car at the moment and am looking for options, I just want to see the results of these before I fully commit to anything 

2 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Yeah I have vcam and also intend on building a 2.8 when it lets go

she'll be right then, i'll be keeping a keen close eye on your build ;)

glad to see as good as these new big singles are these days there's still a few of us running twins.....:91_thumbsup:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I’ll admit right now I’m on the fence about which way I’m going and if I don’t see results for them soon they may get over looked 

Are you looking at the MMP ones?!

56 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Yeah they are one option I’m looking at 

Fantastic to deal with to begin with and very knowledgeable. BUT...

Once I paid the money the customer service was dismal to say the least...

I paid for mine in October and didn't get them until January (when i was told they were 'on the shelf') and then when they did arrive they came with no actuators which i then waited another month for...

Even if the results are fantastic I think i'll always have a sour taste left in my mouth unfortunately from my dealings with them....

Just my 2c anyway...

Edited by mr_rbman
mistake
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

Really digging the rocker cover colour. Looks mint!

ye i'm convinced now it's all come together thankfully...

got a bit of a mix in the engine bay of gunmetal grey, black and wrinkle black... will have to see how it all looks once fully complete...

• Like 1