SAU Community

Anyone still driving their R32-R34 GTR's as a daily?

20thousandRPM

Think most future classics go this way!  Scarey thing is what the general public think, ah....... its only a old car, probably clapped out rust bucket!

Unaware the Merc they sit in is only with a 1/4 yours! 

Most future classics end up this way, and normally for a good reason. 

Cant remember last time ive seen a celica gt4, imprezza, evo. All once very common. 

I still drive my GTS-T daily. I’ve plans to drive my 33R daily at some point (haha).

With Nismo remanufacturing components, the support would technically be there for driving classics on the road without as much worry about breakage...but I’m guessing those who are paying the dollars being asked for such examples can afford more than one car or something luxurious, or want something more comfortable as a daily.

Personally, I can’t deal with driving boring cars in the daily. Every day the drive is interesting.

11 hours ago, Birds said:

I still drive my GTS-T daily. I’ve plans to drive my 33R daily at some point (haha).

With Nismo remanufacturing components, the support would technically be there for driving classics on the road without as much worry about breakage...but I’m guessing those who are paying the dollars being asked for such examples can afford more than one car or something luxurious, or want something more comfortable as a daily.

Personally, I can’t deal with driving boring cars in the daily. Every day the drive is interesting.

Nissans are generally really good to take a beating and you can definitely daily them for pretty much every component except the engine, but I fixed that in a different way myself..

That said I recall a R33 GTR being sold with 550,000km on it as it was used as a daily, and you can bet that 500,000 of that km was driving on a highway making 22kw, not 550,000 track miles making 400awkw.

As others have noticed I definitely see more R32 GTR's out and about on the street than 33's and 34's which do appear on weekends pretty much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Due to Covid and work from home. I rarely need to have a daily car. But I still drive my 260rs when the chance comes up.

The problem for me is that you have to careful where you park these cars now as they are a target for thieves.

It would be nice to see more of these 90s classics on the road. I never see an FD RX7 either, mine is currently getting an engine rebuild but it was my daily driver when I lived in Europe with it.

Not using these cars is often worse for them than making sure they are regularly used.

I drive mine quite often. When I do, I hardly drive it in anger. I love the off-boost torque, and how loud my doses are, hah. 

I've gone for days without even hitting any boost, even jumping onto motorways. 

Mind you, I wash/detail my car after every drive, inc the wheels.