SAU Community

Nice Work :thumbsup:

Any known browser compatibility issues?

Firefox 3.6.12 doesn't do anything with the 'watched content' tab, just doesnt react.

Whilst IE8 8.0.6001... has no issue.

p.s. also just noticed the 'Attach this file' button doesn't work in firefox but ok in ie.

As an ERP consultant with a few massive upgrades under my belt, some will always hate NEW look and new functionality.

But I think you guys have done the upgrade very well considering at best everyone has only reported very minor issues and being picky overall :)

I love the new app and being using it since morning from my iPhone. That alone is worth it for me

post-29392-0-11857500-1291635068_thumb.jpg

'attach this file' > then 'add to post' - worked for me in firefox 3.6.12. worked very well actually.

on a related note. i'm guessing thumbnails for uploaded images are coming soon?

Edited by Munkyb0y

Anyway, when PM's return - how will I know. I have read the posts, and take it that it should be under my username with the drop down thing?

Read the Announcement thread? Or the first post.

We update as we go...

not a member in my status but i used to be both.

Please read the first post or the Announcement

post-29392-0-11857500-1291635068_thumb.j

'attach this file' > then 'add to post' - worked for me in firefox 3.6.12. worked very well actually.

on a related note. i'm guessing thumbnails for uploaded images are coming soon?

Ye i used it earlier to attach the screen dump, worked well.

Thumbnails I believe are a to-do :)

Nice Work :thumbsup:

Any known browser compatibility issues?

Firefox 3.6.12 doesn't do anything with the 'watched content' tab, just doesnt react.

Whilst IE8 8.0.6001... has no issue.

p.s. also just noticed the 'Attach this file' button doesn't work in firefox but ok in ie.

post-38314-0-71726300-1291634508_thumb.jpg

Any chance of replacing the "Back to top" button?

Yep, that's something I'd like to see return too. If it can appear at the end of each person's post like in the old format (and not just once at the bottom of the page), that would make things a lot easier.

Also, for some strange reason, I can't use the "Multi-Quote" option for more than 2 posts that I want to reply to/quote from.

Bring on the new skins! Can't wait to set my page views to "dark" again.

The sticky threads no longer appear in their own little section separate from the main forum threads making the main list look cluttered at the top all the time.

The new edit function is a right MF too... where are the options of quick and full edit?

This is one of the posts that I wanted to quote earlier, but I can't remember what the other one was... :/ Oh well.

I agree on both of these points, having the sticky threads separate was great for quick viewing, and a "Quick/Full Edit" option would be nice.

Other than that and a few other small gripes I can't think of at the moment, it looks awesome and is a lot faster to load than before!

Good work, Christian and the SAU Admin team! :D (And has it really been almost 9 years?)

Feedback seems to be up and working, looks good :)

How did you do the search?

Opened up My Content from the dropdown box of my name (top right), showed all of my posts, and just opened them up one at a time until I found it. I figured it'd have to be from after the switch over.

Hi - Received 1 new msg.(Private conversation)

clicked on the lil green number and received "[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system."

Any Idea ?

Please read the thread, it has already been answered a couple of times.

Thumbnails I believe are a to-do :)

+1 for this.

Great work on the upgrade guys, not a walk in the park I would've thought given the member count and volume of content! Feel free to publish some database stats if you like :)

Cheers

Hi all. Just wanted to say great work on the new SAU! Has a brighter, friendlier feel and speed/functionality is definately better even on my wind-up internet connection. Also, very happy with the new PM system, seems alot easier to use and view etc. Keep up the good work!

With the Pm's though, did anyone else's not quite get converted properly? Ie. individual PM's saved as conversations, mixed up etc.? All working well now so not really fussed just curious. :thumbsup:

The main thing I have noticed with the PM system is that there is no longer a "SENT" folder that messages automatically go to. Instead they are all together in one folder.

Any chance that can be put in again?

Also the other thing I noticed last night is regarding the Feedback. People that had negative feedback prior to the change over now have a neutral feedback instead?