SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

The SAU forums are definitely a great resource on our cars, thanks to you guys. :thumbsup:

I've had the AFM fail on me once before, on the highway no less. The engine simply cranked out and wouldn't fire up again. I was under the impression the stock turbo had munched itself, and consequently the engine, but the guys at APC here in Brisbane correctly diagnosed it and fitted a new AFM at a good price.

This time round though, I think the reason for the engine misbehaving might have to do with the fact that there's a VQ35DE + stock M35 turbo lurking under the hood. Sorry, I should probably have mentioned that earlier.

The Meisters are from IM. They stick out a fair bit, so the fenders are in the process of getting pulled. I'm hoping the very slight variance in front and rear offsets won't upset the ATTESA system...

This time round though, I think the reason for the engine misbehaving might have to do with the fact that there's a VQ35DE + stock M35 turbo lurking under the hood. Sorry, I should probably have mentioned that earlier.

and when abouts had you planned on elaborating about this!

Glad to hear the offsets should be fine, thanks!

It's running on the stock M35 ECU atm, apparently the A/F ratios were spot on.

Been advised I'll need a Motec M800 to get the whole show going since the stock ECU won't play nice with the 35's variable valve timing.

I was driving around everywhere in gears 4 and 5 (Tiptronic), luckily the engine is tractable enough. Other than that there's not much to report, but if you have any q's just ask away biggrin.gif

Glad to hear the offsets should be fine, thanks!

It's running on the stock M35 ECU atm, apparently the A/F ratios were spot on.

Been advised I'll need a Motec M800 to get the whole show going since the stock ECU won't play nice with the 35's variable valve timing.

I was driving around everywhere in gears 4 and 5 (Tiptronic), luckily the engine is tractable enough. Other than that there's not much to report, but if you have any q's just ask away biggrin.gif

Pic's please.....VQ35..........got to see it!

oh....and!!!!

Injectors and E-manage in....only the tune to go tomorrow!

Edited by Jetwreck

This thread is useless without PICS! :stupid::) :)

Are you running the HR? I don't think there's much difference between my non HR hydraulic actuators and the coil actuated retarders on the VQ25det. They are both two wire coils you just need a way of changing the pulse to them.

You need at least some kind of management, how are you adjusting fuel? Emanage would probably do it but you really need standalone management like m800, ps2000, then the dramas will really start. :whistling:

Is the engine built? Fill us all in pleeaaasse. :yes:

I didn't bother taking engine bay pics. It looks almost stock. The only visual differences are some new piping, airbox out and pod filter in, and the intake manifold inlet pipe swapped sides (was on the left before, now it's on the right).

Might take pics if I get half a chance tomorrow.

The engine is internally stock. Is it true the VQ35DE has forged conrods and crank?

I think they are glass not forged. :)

How did you come across this setup? A stock VQ25 turbo is not a good idea on a 3.5L high compression high reving engine period. Imo it is most certainly a downgrade from the VQ25det unless you built it with forged pistons, H beam rods, lower compression and a much larger turbo.

A pic would tell me all I need to know about the engine model.

Just put my new R32 RDA slotted front disks and A1RM's in, now to bed them in. :devil:

you should bed the pads in on the old rotors i believe (or could be the other way round)

there is a thing about it in the diy/tutorial section

I didn't bother taking engine bay pics. It looks almost stock. The only visual differences are some new piping, airbox out and pod filter in, and the intake manifold inlet pipe swapped sides (was on the left before, now it's on the right).

Might take pics if I get half a chance tomorrow.

The engine is internally stock. Is it true the VQ35DE has forged conrods and crank?

Mate....it's a pretty be claim....you would be the first to have a VQ35 in an NM35 in OZ......hence the reason you must post photo's(how hard is it to your phone out and take a shot??

btw......did you say the standard ECU is running it ATM? I can not see how that would work as although the 25 and 35 are from the same family they are still different in a couple of way's that would make me think that more than likely would not work!....e.g. How is the timing controlled at all?...different system's. And why the M800......Haltech PS2000 would be more than good enough at a quarter of the price.

Also you would have had to have the motor nearly apart to change the sump so why would you not have done new rod's and pistons so that it can handle more than 7 to 8psi without throwing a rod out the side one day? Unless of cause it's 2WD now? Or is the motor out of a PM35?

Anyway.....I need you to post up some more info/photo's on this as I am NOT believing you atm!

P.S. I await your photo's and comments so that you can flame mewhistling.gif

Edited by Jetwreck

you should bed the pads in on the old rotors i believe (or could be the other way round)

there is a thing about it in the diy/tutorial section

Yeah, use the old pads to bed the new discs, then throw the new pads in and bed them.

Edited by Daleo

Yeah, use the old pads to bed the new discs, then throw the new pads in and bed them.

too late....his on the way over to see me atm!

I told him just get up to 50-60km's and apply a firm and static brake peddle....the redo about 5 - 10 time's....should be OK then! The guy that sold the bakes said the same thing!

too late....his on the way over to see me atm!

I told him just get up to 50-60km's and apply a firm and static brake peddle....the redo about 5 - 10 time's....should be OK then! The guy that sold the bakes said the same thing!

Meh, don't matter, I've bedded new pads on new discs a bunch of times, never had any issues :whistling:

^^ I knew this too but at the time I changed all my pads and rotors there was no way I was in the mood to do it a second time to change pads later on!!

As for this vq35DE.....T?? I would love to see pics too you can't keep us on edge like this we need a fix!!!