SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Did lol.... at:

Hamish getting mad bro
Realising a 2.2L is bigger than a 2.0L and there's near 3 times to power output from the little baby evo compared to the 5S-FE
The commodore because it looks like a decent burnout car and not a street skidder's first time at an event...

Hipster Lumberjacks complaining about the lack of nuttiness in their $9 mocha soy latte

Yeah, I've been on many a different Dyno...

Chequered Tuning
Chequered Tuning
Chasers

Chequered Tuning
RTR
RTR
Racepace

Not wanting to get involved in this jerk fest... but yes... one did read quite a bit higher than the rest. But at the same time, different tuners work with very different styles of tuning...

But... car was pinging on trents dyno and I NEEDED it for a DECA on the weekend so we pulled it way back for a "safe tune" of 230rwkw... a few weeks later (no mod changes) it pulled 212rwkw on RTR (Simple retune and it was back up to a safe 242 (which I'm estimating 260 on trents)

The only real reason I don't go back to Trents is because its too hard to get a hold of them and get a tune within a week of when you need it. Too hard to plan mod installations etc if you're not even sure if you'll be able to book in some dyno time before a track day.

• Like 1

Spied a black 32 gtst on Center Dandenong Road with SAU Stickers this morning near Moorabin Airport as I was getting coffee on my way to work, Pat?

Surely its the only one left...

Spied a black 32 gtst on Center Dandenong Road with SAU Stickers this morning near Moorabin Airport as I was getting coffee on my way to work, Pat?

Surely its the only one left...

Haha unfortunately not. Just dropped off car at traction tyres for some much needed lows.

In before Xmas defect.

There is a tuner in SA that uses a hub dyno and massively over inflates his figures which has been the source of much controversy over the years, however this is due to the tuner and the correction method he chooses to run.

Leigh and Birds just run with it in VWL purely as a jimmy rustling exercise.

Oh I love rustling jimmies left right and centre, but I legitimately believe there's a significant difference between Trent's power figures and roller dynos. Have seen too many of his customer cars produce different results elsewhere at several different places, and no one in the country seems to be able to replicate mr HG's turbo results, except those who get their cars tuned at Trent's. It doesn't say anything about the tuner, unless they are in denial of the power reading difference.

The only reason I get rustled over the differential is because people masturbate to a 350kw run, talking about how responsive it is for so much power, when the thing would make 300 everywhere else. That and these people whinge when they go to other dyno days and are down 50kw, saying it's a shit dyno that must read low cause they lost all their power. Case in point: our SAU dyno day at RE customs 4 years ago.