SAU Community

2014 World Time Attack Discussion

GTR32G

But none of the top cars look any good. Nemo etc, the Scorch S15...all gone full retard :(

he lap times dont lie so the creations of Andrew Brilliant obviously work but I have to wonder if someone put down the crack pipe and just did a car with solid aero how much it would lose out...if any? I mean Super GT cars, DTM obviously work well without looking retarded. A basic GT3 car is only 3 seconds a lap slower and whilst they are amazing race cars...they dony have a lot of hp and have a load of safety and endurance crap in them which at approx 1350kg and 550hp isnt really scary time attack like weight and hp numbers

• Like 1

I envy all you's that get to attend to this year's WTAC.....in fact I hate you's all lol

Sooo many EPIC cars gonna be there

That Ark R32 looks like shit end of story

Well that stupid front splitter will last 5 seconds under load before it bends and finished up under the car.

looks like a gigantic razor blade - think it will will win by cutting up its opponents to pieces on track

I have to assume that the articles are several months behind the actual cars development and its been hammering around tracks for testing.

The one thing I dont understand is that they are going to all this effort on the car, have the AB aero happening for them....hasn't anynone actually stopped and looked at the circuit they are competing on? That silly front abomination is going to seriously restrict some of the faster lines at various parts of the track and not allow it to kerb hop or use run off without damage! Tiem will tell but I am expecting it to have to stick a foot away from many apexes in order to not damage the aero...which means it will want to be working bloddy well to allow it to be takign slower lines through the corners by using less track

But none of the top cars look any good. Nemo etc, the Scorch S15...all gone full retard :(

he lap times dont lie so the creations of Andrew Brilliant

Theres the inherit problem, get another aero ace to come in and you will have it, I personally dont like his designs at all!. Voltex make functional aero that doesnt detract from the original design of the car example being the Tilton EVO. I did read a thread possibly on the WTAC website saything they hated the front design last year but had to out of necessity and lack of time. Should be back looking good again this year.

• Like 1

Yeah Cyber Evo was my favourite in the looks/function department. When it was a voltex design it was fast and still looked like an evo. Tilton are along the same lines and I'm glad they haven't gone full retard.

I was so disappointed when Cyber went with C-west. Nemo was an abortion in the looks department too.

• Like 1

I'm at least excited that people are putting the effort in, I'd rather this than people not trying all sorts of stuff out - despite how ugly and otherwise. One way or another it's going to be interesting to watch, so long as all the front runners don't spend half of the event broken!

I'll be flying over again this year, actually arriving in Sydney the weekend after next to make sure I have enough time to go and be a tourist and try and catch up with some locals etc - was an awesome trip last time so look forward to hopefully a similar one this time.... preferably less bush fire this time though. Be good to put some more faces to names, or at least catch up with some faces from last time :)

• Like 1

I'm a bit perplexed by the mindset to be honest.

I'm going there to see fast cars, I don't care if they don't look "pretty". I've seen countless more or less stock looking fast cars, what I haven't seen is people trying something brand new in the quest for seconds.

Lets not forget that at one stage Formula 1 cars were doing things like this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brabham_BT46