SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

engine just "blew".

you speak like the kind of person that buys crate motors and then tells the world to not buy from that engine brand ever again, and that you'll just get an R32 golf and make weird DSG noises all day.

and that $0 engine got you incorrect ARP studs and who knows what other goodies.

I feel for you and the car, seriously... but its almost like you hammer the shit out of the car until something lets go. skylines are perfect for that, but with so many mods cars get temperamental. Did you feel or hear anything weird? does the engine run at all? did engine oil get really hot just before it died?

How will/did you manage to accomplish this?

Say you worked at 20 to 30. 10 years.

You would have to be on an average salary of $220k p.a

So about $70k in tax, and say $50k in spending a year.

Would leave $100k in savings over 10 years

it's quite doable also haven't factored in profits on investments & also combined income as opposed to individual

But alas haven't gotten there .... Yet.

Finishing strong tho #boommarket #yay

not that it matters but did start working at 18.. Well technically 14 and 9 months but eh maccas casual didn't equate to much lol

Edited by alr33x

engine just "blew".

you speak like the kind of person that buys crate motors and then tells the world to not buy from that engine brand ever again, and that you'll just get an R32 golf and make weird DSG noises all day.

and that $0 engine got you incorrect ARP studs and who knows what other goodies.

I feel for you and the car, seriously... but its almost like you hammer the shit out of the car until something lets go. skylines are perfect for that, but with so many mods cars get temperamental. Did you feel or hear anything weird? does the engine run at all? did engine oil get really hot just before it died?

Mate, I am the most timid driver on all of SAU. This was no level of rage driving or drifting or 400RWKW in school zones or anything.

I got it on Friday afternoon/night. I drove it maybe... 50kms around town, under the speed limit, off boost just to check for leaks. I had the haltech logging EVERYTHING the entire time, TPS, road speed, boost, gears, etc, everything. I do mean everything, super super casual driving just happy to drive the thing.

I drove it a bit on Tuesday because hey, its back! And Hey, I may as well give it a drive (i.e in the same casual manner) to Mt Donna Buang. Traffic was huge, but I didn't care, so I just putted along behind a camry the entire time.

I did think okay, it seems to drive around reasonably well, lets try some boost and immediately blew an intercooler pipe off at 10ish psi. Pulled over, fixed. Did again, blew off a different one, pulled over, fixed. Did this 2 or 3 more times then said "Oh well, its getting late, I'll head home now and didn't really hammer it but there will be many more days"

Except there wasn't, because I passed a dude doing 90kmh on Maroondah highway in a passzing zone by going 30% throttle in 4th gear to pass him.

Then I noticed I was running on 4 cylinders instead of 6, and the coolant gauge which I have mounted in the DIN slots so I can monitor things went from 62C (running temp) to 65 (hmm) to 68 (uhhh) and was 80 before I pulled over and immediately shut the engine off. The engine oil temp was normal at the time the HG went (180F)

Then I checked the oil cap and there you go.

I am not the kind of person who redlines an engine until it explodes. It blew, at most, under load which would be something like 50rwkw.

it's quite doable also haven't factored in profits on investments & also combined income as opposed to individual

not that it matters but did start working at 18.. Well technically 14 and 9 months but eh maccas casual didn't equate to much lol

Fair enough!

When you said cash i just thought you had just been saving $$$

Have you been investing in shares on the property market?

I'd assume property as you do that for a living

Finishing strong as in there is a bubble which has popped?
  • Like 1

Then I noticed I was running on 4 cylinders instead of 6, and the coolant gauge which I have mounted in the DIN slots so I can monitor things went from 62C (running temp) to 65 (hmm) to 68 (uhhh) and was 80 before I pulled over and immediately shut the engine off. The engine oil temp was normal at the time the HG went (180F)

Then I checked the oil cap and there you go.

so milky oil as in head gasket? in the pic I just thought that was normal for E85 use... thats how everyone described the oil turning creamy.

when you say blow motor i immediately thought bottom end.

and when you were curious about different boost levels in different gears, i imagined you testing it by tearing up every road around lol. and before that the car slide out in the hills and hit something.

so milky oil as in head gasket? in the pic I just thought that was normal for E85 use... thats how everyone described the oil turning creamy.

when you say blow motor i immediately thought bottom end.

and when you were curious about different boost levels in different gears, i imagined you testing it by tearing up every road around lol. and before that the car slide out in the hills and hit something.

No, it is never like that for E85... it also wasn't like that when I checked the intercooler piping about 20 minutes before the gasket let go. (because oil in charge pipes).

The Head Gasket is what has let go (or something else that mixes coolant and oil...) at most 150kms since a new gasket (Tomei!) and new ARP2000 head studs have been put in.

Surprises all round, really.

In the thread re: Different boost in different gears I also mentioned that this happens at vacuum levels too, it happens across the entire spectrum and is an Auto gearbox thing, the crash in the hills was at 30kmh off throttle entirely in the rain, across standing water and mud.

Can we include super and inheritance in our millionaire pooling? What about virtual investment?

Gabi Grecko managed to do it with her household income at age 26