SAU Community

Who Watched The New Top Gear? What Was Your Opinion?

What did you think of New Top Gear?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who watched the new Top Gear with Chris Evans and Mat LeBlanc?

I thought it was ok. The world seems to hate it though. The problem is that the program has a certain flavour because of its old cast and they have tried to keep the flavour with the new cast which was never going to work.

Chris Evans over does his acting a little and was a smidge irritating.

I thought Mat was good.

They'll both get better, especially as the world gets used to them being the new face of Top Gear.

Extra Gear was a little weird, I dont know what they're trying to achieve there.

What did you think?

I watched bits and pieces of it. Was weird as we're used to seeing the usual clowns, i'll have to watch a couple of more episodes before deciding on being a regular viewer or boycotting it altogether. lol.

I watched bits and pieces of it. Was weird as we're used to seeing the usual clowns, i'll have to watch a couple of more episodes before deciding on being a regular viewer or boycotting it altogether. lol.

Yeah thats my take. New faces and behaviour takes a little bit of getting used to.

I honestly thought it was OK. The main difference was that the dialogue was obviously being read where the trio before them had it down pat to make it sounds quite natural. If you look at early Top Gears they were very different from how it was at the end. I am confident this will get better, it's just a shame a lot of people are writing it off before it's begun.

I'm waiting for the next series of Classic Car [Quentin and Jodie] to hit the screens...liked it much better than Top Gear. I did watch TG quite often to start with but got bored with the Jeremy's bully boy attitude to everything that wasn't about him!!! So haven't watched it for the last 3-4 years, last episode I saw was the southern states road trip one where they nearly got shot, funny but so stupid I couldn't believe it. And no, I'm not religo, just never got back to watching it, maybe cricket or footy was on at the same time after that???

So for me meh...........time has passed TG by!!! Get over it and move on.

• Like 2

Chris Evans was over the top, annoying. Matt was okay, he needs to settle in more. It was boring, the stars segment (Ramsay and Heisenberg) were completed wasted, what a shame. Seemed like TG got them to appear and that's it. I got up to LeBlanc driving the buggy and fell asleep, too boring.

The Viper vs. Corvette segment was forced, like it was a cheap knock-off of the preview challenges with the old hosts. They couldn't done more besides swerve while driving straight. The 3-wheeler segment was boring as, but showed potential to have an American mix it with a British. I'll finish the rest off tonight.

I think Matt has potential if he's allowed to be more "natural", instead of firing off lines. Evans need to tone it down a heap or be booted off. TG USA seemed better compared this new ep. Hopefully they improve, for everyone's sake (production staff, etc.). I didn't have high expectations for it, so it isn't too bad (sort of like Fifth Gear but more expensive).

• Like 1

Chris Evans sounded like he was presenting a kids show not a car show. Can't stand the way he talks/narrates

I know the old top gear wasn't as 'real' as they made out, but new top gear seems too far fake.

Have watched 1 episode, I told myself I'd give it a chance, but I don't think I'll be watching anymore unless there is absoloutly nothing else on

New TG doesn't have to hit very high in my books, only watched the old one every now and then when bored.... usually ended up more bored. The new cast seem reasonable, sort of shows how desperate the producers are for the show to work again.

Liked the old TG, mostly they geld well together and their separate personalities mixed in. I liked JC and found him funny :)

TG USA, seems like they were rehearsing for the show and they never seemed to get much better, I found it boring

New TG, have to wait and see if they get better, well see if they last. Mat will be OK but something missing ATM ?

Finished it off last night. Also watched Extra Gear. Chris Evans is annoying and I won't watch it because of him. Everyone else was super awkward and forced/faked badly.

Too much nerves and not enough 'natural' delivery/presentation. Even Chris Harris seemed like a retard on Extra Gear.

Everything was so forced. Only Matt was the "relaxed" one and seemed sort of amused by Evans' blatantly forced performance.

I like TG USA as well, it's quite American and sometimes lame, but overall entertaining.