SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

22 minutes ago, s2d4 said:

Should be a riot on the streets!

Yeah :devil:it is fun now and from what I can work out with bum in seat experience , better with the EFR :cool:

Wait till Paul gets his going sometime this Century , if I am still alive I will not get in the car with the maniac, maybe,  LOL

• Like 2

12 hours ago, acsplit said:

Clearly people in Sydney have forgotten that the GT-R is designed for racetracks, not mind numbing bafoon I mean drag racing

Don't mean to be direspectful but Trap Speed is used as a tuning tool. Nothing to do being a bafoon just more to do with verifying dyno figures, as a graph can say what it wants but Mph is the purest number for measuring peak power.

So if a dyno sheet quotes 500kws peak power and the car pulls 130 mph then questions need to be asked to the validity of the power figure quoted on the dyno sheet.

Like it or not its just the way it is.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, XGTRX said:

Don't mean to be direspectful but Trap Speed is used as a tuning tool. Nothing to do being a bafoon just more to do with verifying dyno figures, as a graph can say what it wants but Mph is the purest number for measuring peak power.

So if a dyno sheet quotes 500kws peak power and the car pulls 130 mph then questions need to be asked to the validity of the power figure quoted on the dyno sheet.

Like it or not its just the way it is.

i agree with this..... even though it is my own car....

on 500kw i should have gotten 140mph or very close to it....

Always had a suspicion JEM's dyno reads a little happy but I know Adam is a good tuner so I went to him for his capability rather than what his dyno will spit out.

Next time around I'm going to make sure I'm getting 31psi on the night so we'll see its real MPH :)

Edited by usmair

Nothing to do being a bafoon just more to do with verifying dyno figures, as a graph can say what it wants but Mph is the purest number for measuring peak power.

So ... youre saying GTRs at WSID go there for more than just being kicked off after the first run, and refusing to install a cage or parachute?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

So ... youre saying GTRs at WSID go there for more than just being kicked off after the first run, and refusing to install a cage or parachute?

I thought you never get to run at WSID with all the VLs dumping their guts every 5 minutes

7 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Speaking of stupidly high reading dynos, what happened to that bloke that made 700kw with -5s. He seemed to disappear after running his car on an Aussie dyno

Ha ha. That thread was the definition of insanity.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, minesskyline said:

Has anyone considered twin 7163's as shown here?: 

http://www.full-race.com/store/efr-turbo-kit/nissan-rb26dett-efr-twin-turbo-kit-1.html

This looks to be the direction I will head over the winter. 

Have seen a few different twin EFRs used on YouTube, up to 9180s.

What I did think about, if you ever got defected for having a single on,  could you go with smallish twin EFRs legally ??

Would think the cost of going back to twins would be pretty prohibitive .

Here is an RB26 @ 800awhp + with twin 6258s

9 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

What I did think about, if you ever got defected for having a single on,  could you go with smallish twin EFRs legally ??

Twin EFR's look just as out of place as one larger single. 

Twin EFR's don't mount in the factory position. 

10 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

I'm from the states so I don't think legality is really a big issue here. 

12 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Twin EFR's look just as out of place as one larger single. 

Twin EFR's don't mount in the factory position. 

Positioning isn't really important nor is aesthetics, for me personally. I'm looking at performance from twin 7163's versus other options, like a single EFR. According to Jon@FullRace, these turbos will be enough for 700whp on 91 octane, which were my goals originally. I don't mind the twin setup if it performs as well or better than an EFR single for the power requirements. 

Edited by minesskyline

I'm from the states so I don't think legality is really a big issue here. 

Go for it but let us know.

That 800awhp is on the high side but it is on the dynojet I guess, 80hp lost is on the low side that's for sure.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:36 PM, Mick_o said:

^^^Correct! This is what these turbos are about! 99% of people arent going to buy an EFR for the drag strip!   These things are all about on/off throttle type of stuff and the widest power/torque band you can just about have "in a turbo car"

thanks.  i get tired of posting this ^^^ in response to "what does it trap" posts.  Believe me guys, i get it - you want to compare it to every other turbo out there.  The thing is, these are different.  And the difference is not on a dyno or a drag strip.  If you actually get real experience with an EFR then you will get it too.. and if drag racing is your thing, Twin-EFR is the way.  Not single.

On 10/5/2016 at 2:40 PM, Lithium said:

good guys at nizpro

• Like 1