SAU Community

R34 NA intake

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone could help me out, I own a 1998 R34 NA and looking to upgrade my intake to an Apexi power intake but cant find any for the NA R34, but there is one for the NA R33 and I know that the R33 GTST and R34 GTT intakes are interchangeable, but are the NA versions of these cars compatible?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

To what end? It's not going to be an upgrade, unless you consider 0.35kW extra an upgrade.

I know its nothing major, but considering I am a P plater, I cant go out and chuck on a racing level Cold Air Intake

My point is, considering it's an NA, there are no performance improvements available from an intake change anyway. So spend your money where it will do some good. Upgrade brakes, or tyres, or suspension bushes, or any of a thousand things that will reap you a noticeable improvement in the car.

That's what I'm doing, I have an excel spreadsheet of like a million things that I want to get done. I'm more just asking as I cant find anything to do with intakes with my NA skyline, including cold air, I just want advice for my spreadsheet so I can finally have most of the things finished up.

• Like 1

Come on Guys.. leave the man do his thing, we were all there once, and dont even try and lie about it. Blitz makes a good one that bolts up to the Mass Air Flow sensor and replaces the big ugly box.

Edited by Dil-Dog
  • Like 1

What the guys are saying make sense... spending your time and money and things that would make a bigger difference BUT i still recommend it bro, it will improve how the car sounds, you would enjoy it.

Also... there is a forum here called "Naturally Aspirated Performance". you should check that one out. you are currently posted/browsing in the "Rb series" forum which is 99% based on the turbo models.

11 hours ago, GODZR34 said:

I know its nothing major, but considering I am a P plater, I cant go out and chuck on a racing level Cold Air Intake

Its still a waste of money. Maintain your car so that you can sell it later and put the money into your account for the purchase of the turbo powered car that you really want down the track when you have the full licence.

19 hours ago, GODZR34 said:

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone could help me out, I own a 1998 R34 NA and looking to upgrade my intake to an Apexi power intake but cant find any for the NA R34, but there is one for the NA R33 and I know that the R33 GTST and R34 GTT intakes are interchangeable, but are the NA versions of these cars compatible?

Thanks 

Would be better off modding factory airbox with a hose from front bar/under guard. 

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Best bang for buck for a NA is nitrous 

^^^^This. On e85 with a 100hp shot

9 hours ago, Dil-Dog said:

Come on Guys.. leave the man do his thing, we were all there once, and dont even try and lie about it. Blitz makes a good one that bolts up to the Mass Air Flow sensor and replaces the big ugly box.

All that money to make less power? (sucks in hot air from the engine bay)

Tbh on a NA skyline, wouldn't a pod filter make a decent difference, especially if using a heatshield and cold air ducting?

I've got a NA R33 and gave it a quick run yesterday without the airbox lid and then with filter removed as well and it made quite a big power difference. Was much more responsive and acceleration uphill was waay better.

Put it back together and fitted my GTST snorkel but didnt seem to do anything noticable in comparison to the smaller NA snorkel but would imagine there would be slightly better and cooler airflow. Might be worth trying it after all.

Edited by ossy

Didn't time it of course but would say it was definitely faster than usual as my NA R33 has always had performance issues where it feels like it goes into limp mode at times but acceleration from low RPM was always sluggish. It bogs down a lot,  as if something is limiting the power but this made it pick up revs and speed so easily... There is the fact that maybe more air helped fix whatever performance issues I have that's effecting my power lol.

Since you mentioned it though, oddly the sound didn't change at all? Shouldn't it make this weird turbo/supercharger like spool sound with the air box removed or throatier atleast? Or is that sound only happen with the intake resonator removed?

Edited by ossy