SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Dude you are severely lacking an attitude of gratitude. Do you not have a roof over your head? Food on the table? Shoes on your feet?

your wallowing in self pity for no reason other than what i suspect to be laziness it's the easy way out for you to flail about and whinge things don't go your way. The difference between where you are now and where you want to be is your effort - or lack of.

There's millions of people who'd trade places with you in a heart beat try keeping that in mind

Oh how I agree with this I see it all the time!!!

I see the point of spending money on car parts and oversea trips, because it pleases me and give me something to get out of the bed for.

I don't see the point in spending money on education knowing if have slightest chance of getting somewhere because I've tried in the past.

I struggle to even think about starting a business cos I've done sums and worked out the profit expectations are stupidly low after spending money on setting it up, I'd make more money stuck at my shitty job forcing food into shelves.

Also I'm not that keen on putting up with paperworks especially one from ATO, lodging tax return with them is bad enough, I'd hate to think how would I cope if I were to run a business with f**k all profit - computers would be smashed along with objects.

I don't know what the omen is if I can't even get a volunteer position, I mean, they don have to pay me anything, not a cent. Yet here I am sharing my experience with these f**kers...

I've tried searching for jobs and volunteer positions in UK couple of years ago, same story although they had 'double dip recession' just days before I'd arrived didn't help things at all.

I don't know what can I do about this and I still don't know what I want to do about this.

All I know is I'm beyond help, in the meantime I'll just show up at work forcing food into shelves and pointing people where they want to go.

Teenage girls "share their experiences" on FB. I say you're having a whinge, which is fair enough if you can't do anything about it, but you can, as long as you're still alive. People with less than you have, have done more than you want to do...how does that not inspire you?

People have told you what to do Grant, even offered you help...why not listen or accept the help? Like I said before, doing nothing is the worst thing because that pretty well leaves you where you are now, which sounds unhappy.

Rarely does a startup business turn a profit in the first year. If they do they either had a shitload of capital, got very lucky or have a niche product/service to begin with. Anything "me too" needs time to grow. You're living with parents, aren't you? Now would be the time to do something while you have that safety net.

Also, volunteer positions don't guarantee you a job - sometimes they are harder to get than paid - especially if it's a role helping people and there are laws involved. If there's more than one applicant they are still going to choose the best and you still need to meet a set of criteria.

Teenage girls "share their experiences" on FB. I say you're having a whinge, which is fair enough if you can't do anything about it, but you can, as long as you're still alive. People with less than you have, have done more than you want to do...how does that not inspire you?

Ok, I'm having a whinging session. Happy now?

People have told you what to do Grant, even offered you help...why not listen or accept the help? Like I said before, doing nothing is the worst thing because that pretty well leaves you where you are now, which sounds unhappy.

Sorry if I missed something they've said but, when did they offer help, and what did they offer to help me with?

I simply don't like asking people for help, cos they'll be like 'oh you're deaf bloke heading nowhere, I'd better give him a false sense of hope' happened to me few times, let me tell you why I'm like this now is of what I've encountered in the past - inb4 y'all saying 'everyone's different blah blah' and yes, thats correct, it's like people spitting shit on ACA/TT saying a car enthusiast is a godamned hoon that kills children.

Adam, I know you'll tell me to move it on, but I'm sure you know I don't like moving it on and I hold grudges.

Also, working in retail doesn't make people happy, you'd know.

Rarely does a startup business turn a profit in the first year. If they do they either had a shitload of capital, got very lucky or have a niche product/service to begin with. Anything "me too" needs time to grow. You're living with parents, aren't you? Now would be the time to do something while you have that safety net.

That is why I struggle to see the point of starting a business even if I decide to make it a 'spare time' cos I'd also make calculations and found the profit margin will still be small in later years (factoring in rising petrol costs, insurance, whatever bullshit Federal Govt wants to add in the future). If the profit margin is better than 'small' I might even consider but that means I'd have to find something else.

Also, volunteer positions don't guarantee you a job - sometimes they are harder to get than paid - especially if it's a role helping people and there are laws involved. If there's more than one applicant they are still going to choose the best and you still need to meet a set of criteria.

Still, I was the only applicant - that being said, I enquired about becoming a case manager and we met up and discuss things over, only for me to be denied all in a couple of hours. Basically I've taken for a f**king ride. That pisses me off pretty good, to the point I can't find a placement for the course I enrolled 4 years ago.

At the time I just wanted a godamn placement not a job.

I still struggle to comprenhend by the fact volunteering is as hard to get as paid position, I mean it costs companies nothing to take me on board, it's bullshit.

Like I said, people don't like me.

There you go.

So change your attitude Greg, you may make it around life's corners that way. :P

Attitude with my car is no problem, I reckon I'm more determined and enthusiastic about an unsatisfying bucket of s*** than most lol.

And it puts your kids through school!

(also I need a cheque to clear to pick up my new victim of molestation)

I can't give any solid advice to Mr Grant cause I don't know his exact situation.

But in all honesty you have to find something you find interesting and do it based on that alone. Money has to be a secondary aspect of what you want to spend a large majority of your life (8hrs a day+) doing. I would say its far 'better' to do what you want in work, and cater your 'off work' lifestyle to suit the amount of money that brings in. If you want to surf all day then yeah man you're not going to be driving Bentleys unless you're REALLY good at surfing.

Attitude with my car is no problem, I reckon I'm more determined and enthusiastic about an unsatisfying bucket of s*** than most lol.

And it puts your kids through school!

(also I need a cheque to clear to pick up my new victim of molestation)

I can't give any solid advice to Mr Grant cause I don't know his exact situation.

But in all honesty you have to find something you find interesting and do it based on that alone. Money has to be a secondary aspect of what you want to spend a large majority of your life (8hrs a day+) doing. I would say its far 'better' to do what you want in work, and cater your 'off work' lifestyle to suit the amount of money that brings in. If you want to surf all day then yeah man you're not going to be driving Bentleys unless you're REALLY good at surfing.

I'm basically stuck cos can't get what I want.

Don't/can't find anything else interesting enough to keep me amused so far, that's the problem.

But thanks.

+1 to you seem to be angry and resentful and bitter in this complainy post.

Then you seem to say "People don't like me" as though it's "People's" fault.

Rarely I have found in the real world for this to be the case. Especially in the working world. Attitude matters. People can see it. If you came to me with an attitude similar to these posts (I'm not saying you're like this all the time, I've never met you, I don't know you, I wouldn't hold it against you if I meet you at Scotty's backyard one day), but if you came to me with an attitude like this I'd feel the same way.

I visualized, and I may be wrong someone who is almost forced to attend an interview, to obtain experience, to blablabla, in short, someone who is forced to do something they don't want to. People see this shit instantly man. Its the first thing you notice in a millionth of a second. Attitude and a willingness to learn is the most important personality trait I have ever seen in any field, professional, personal, or otherwise.

Edit: Stuck cause you can't get what you want?

What do you want?

Why can't you get it?

Solve the problems logically, obtain what you want.

Most of the time, it breaks down that way.

+1 to you seem to be angry and resentful and bitter in this complainy post.

Then you seem to say "People don't like me" as though it's "People's" fault.

Rarely I have found in the real world for this to be the case. Especially in the working world. Attitude matters. People can see it. If you came to me with an attitude similar to these posts (I'm not saying you're like this all the time, I've never met you, I don't know you, I wouldn't hold it against you if I meet you at Scotty's backyard one day), but if you came to me with an attitude like this I'd feel the same way.

I visualized, and I may be wrong someone who is almost forced to attend an interview, to obtain experience, to blablabla, in short, someone who is forced to do something they don't want to. People see this shit instantly man. Its the first thing you notice in a millionth of a second. Attitude and a willingness to learn is the most important personality trait I have ever seen in any field, professional, personal, or otherwise.

Edit: Stuck cause you can't get what you want? Yep, applied thousands and only get into interview stage with Coles which is hardly my dream, no others have taken me seriously.

What do you want? I want to be plumber, dream job of mine.

Why can't you get it? Deafness and the fact I'm too old to be an apprentice (people have told me this and I've made an complaint against them with it heading nowhere usually sided with them instead of me)

Solve the problems logically, obtain what you want.

Most of the time, it breaks down that way.

I've done pre-apprenticeship in plumbing twice with great attitude and willingness to learn, even these teachers were surprised. I've been told that I won't make it, they liked the fact I'm stubborn and thinking I could make it.

Where have it taken me? No where.

I've since ditched that path, it's like barking up the wrong tree really.

If you're curious at how I go at my current job, call my boss and find out what I'm really like to work with?

EDIT: There's the number

(03) 9856 1700

Do feel free to ring them and ask, cos frankly I don't know what my boss thinks of me.

I think your view is bullshit.

Sounds like you thought the volunteer job was a given and you probably conveyed that 'done deal' attitude. Sometimes how a person fits is more important than $ if you are representing an image/brand/identity.

You have two eyes, hands & a connection to the internet. People have made it much further with much less. Imagine if you were born in your parents generation with no internets.

And if your only driver for a start-up is profit, then you will fail. The point is to offer a service or product unique to you. If there was minimal risk it would have been over-done already.

• Like 1