SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

So after 1 week of android ownership after ipad for 4-5 years..

I cannot believe I did not move over sooner.

the avalibity of apps and tools makes the locked down iOS system seem so clunky.

plus expandable memory is a god send.

battery life however is significantly reduced. however most planes have at least USB power now days so not as big an issue as it used to be.

anyhow 1 more android convert here,.

disclaimer coming from

ipad 1, ipad 2 and ipad mini retina to samsung Note 2014 edition.

• Like 1

the avalibity of apps and tools makes the locked down iOS system seem so clunky.

plus expandable memory is a rajab send.

battery life however is significantly reduced. however most planes have at least USB power now days so not as big an issue as it used to be.

disclaimer coming from

Ahh I went the other way lol

Apple to android back to apple! May have just been bad luck but mine was crap

plus expandable memory is a rajab send.

disclaimer coming from

I found that android software development was ahead of the hardware. The more flexibility & options, the more you lag it down.

Owned the first galaxy tab 10.1 before iphone & found Apple a lot more smoother & simple.

Although haven't played with new gen android phones/tablets so that issue may have been resolved now...

Android still has a long way to go in terms of usability and polish on the overall operating system. It's also reflected in the quality of apps, which are generally awful compared to their iOS counterparts.

So far the ones I have on the old I pad and new DROID all have more features on the DROID version

Plus cheaper

So far os has been good will give it more Time and see how keeps up

Working in IT, being around IT people, I am yet to see 1 IT person go from Mac to Android and then go back to Mac, ever.

An I.T person would be well educated on this and never go Mac/Apple in the first place.

Edited by brat81

Android still has a long way to go in terms of usability and polish on the overall operating system. It's also reflected in the quality of apps, which are generally awful compared to their iOS counterparts.

I guess you just look for shit unpolished apps then.

Most apps you pay for on AppStore are free on Play

The whole app argument doesn't stick anymore, it did when android was new to the market but now it's just a null-point argument.

The only thing Apple has over android in terms of apps is Siri, Google Now isn't even comparable to Siri at any level it's just terrible, but then again Google is making it themselves from the ground up unlike apple who just brought it then slapped their logo on it and called it revolutionary.