SAU Community

Street racing

djvoodoo

23 minutes ago, WantGTR said:

You are no different to the people in the video.

Wow, that's a big call.

Robbing a person of $10 or $1m is not the same thing. Just because you do something illegal (or wrong) it isn't the same as every other instance of other people doing a similar thing wrong. Hence why we have courts and judges, they decide what scale you sit in for your wrongdoings.

When traffic offences get serious, people need to go to court. Because the offence is of a serious nature and needs to be dealt with and judged by a person, not a scale of fines (for smaller offences) and this is because speeding is not always the same as speeding.

If you want to risk your life by driving on the edge get onto a race track and go for it.

Street racing can, and has more than once, result in death and injury to innocent members of the public (or brainless passengers).

27 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

If you want to risk your life by driving on the edge get onto a race track and go for it.

Street racing can, and has more than once, result in death and injury to innocent members of the public (or brainless passengers).

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. 

For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free.

1 hour ago, WantGTR said:

How is it the workshops fault if their sticker is on a car which happens to be in the video?

Its a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black. People in this very thread have admitted to not being angles and speeding on country roads. You are no different to the people in the video.

Everyone jumps on their soapbox and talks about how bad these people but really they love it.

I think you'll find the owner of that R35 is also the owner of a known workshop. Same with the 34.... The owner used to own a prestige dealership. There is also a well known Youtube channel who happens to be in this video around the 34 too...

By the way - this is all public knowledge, so I have not defamed or incriminated anyone here

Go onto youtube - It will take you 5 seconds to work out that the people in this vid also own the vehicles/workshops

Edited by djvoodoo

2 hours ago, PranK said:

Wow, that's a big call.

Robbing a person of $10 or $1m is not the same thing. Just because you do something illegal (or wrong) it isn't the same as every other instance of other people doing a similar thing wrong. Hence why we have courts and judges, they decide what scale you sit in for your wrongdoings.

When traffic offences get serious, people need to go to court. Because the offence is of a serious nature and needs to be dealt with and judged by a person, not a scale of fines (for smaller offences) and this is because speeding is not always the same as speeding.

I knew i had to put the flame suit on after i hit submit on my comment.

Whether you steal $10 or a $1m doesnt matter. Stealing is stealing, you cant have it both ways just because one crime isnt as severe as the other. I guess what im saying is, if convicted your rap sheet is going to say "stealing" not "stole $10 so its not that bad".

The cars in the video just happen to be skylines and people can act just as silly in a barina. You can go 150km/h in a gtr and 150km/h in a shitbox you are still commiting the same offence.

Not saying i condone their actions but members here ridiculing those in the videos dont have clean hands either.

Id love to be careless and have no worries about risking my license but the fact is iv got serious commitments and depend on my license greatly so as entertaining as it looks i couldnt do what they do.

• Like 1

Just now, WantGTR said:

Whether you steal $10 or a $1m doesnt matter. Stealing is stealing, you cant have it both ways just because one crime isnt as severe as the other. 

well, actually it does matter...are you new to our legal system :P??

the law very much takes into account the severity of an incident on an individual basis, and the circumstances surrounding it.

Anyway - drag racing - on the streets, come on. It's no place for it.

Drag racing is cool to watch but it's a bit

"fuuuuark that was sick!!!"

next run..

"yeahhhh that was sick"

then

"that was pretty cool"

then

" ok now i'm bored, when's the motor racing on"..

23 minutes ago, WantGTR said:

Whether you steal $10 or a $1m doesnt matter. Stealing is stealing, you cant have it both ways just because one crime isnt as severe as the other. I guess what im saying is, if convicted your rap sheet is going to say "stealing" not "stole $10 so its not that bad".

The cars in the video just happen to be skylines and people can act just as silly in a barina. You can go 150km/h in a gtr and 150km/h in a shitbox you are still commiting the same offence.

Not saying i condone their actions but members here ridiculing those in the videos dont have clean hands either.

Id love to be careless and have no worries about risking my license but the fact is iv got serious commitments and depend on my license greatly so as entertaining as it looks i couldnt do what they do.

Are you seriously saying that the members here having a quick squirt in 2nd and 3rd to 100kmh on the highway is comparable to 1000+hp GTRs doing 250kmh squirelling all over the road with solid stop objects being trucks, on either side of the road? The 32 was completely out of control but the young owner thinks he's Drift King Tsuchiya and it's no problem for the mighty 32.

• Like 3

Doing 115 in a 100 zone on an open flat straight road in good conditions and no other road users or very few people cannot be compared to what those guys were doing, they will kill someone, it's only a matter of time. Some pedestrian, motorcyclist, cyclist etc will lose their life. To my mind it is not about making a mile, it's just irresponsible and by guys old enough to know better. You would think that they would be setting a good example not this stupidity. It is very disappointing that they choose otherwise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

Doing 115 in a 100 zone on an open flat straight road in good conditions and no other road users or very few people cannot be compared to what those guys were doing, they will kill someone, it's only a matter of time. Some pedestrian, motorcyclist, cyclist etc will lose their life. To my mind it is not about making a mile, it's just irresponsible and by guys old enough to know better. You would think that they would be setting a good example not this stupidity. It is very disappointing that they choose otherwise.

You see things differently when you've seen a person get hit by a car. Witnessed this myself. It stays with you.

What i witnessed was a truck> person- guts/convulsing and death......When you see paramedics doing CPR in real life, it's scary.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, r32-25t said:

He who is without sin may cast the first stone

You do realise that quote in Bible terms is actually referring to Adultery....

Anyway, I know what you are trying to say..........

The severity of the things is entirely different.

The difference is really how much concern there is for others, innocent bystanders. Doing 100 around a corner that has an "advised" speed of 50 in a 100 zone is very different to doing 250kmh infront of a school when people are picking up their kids.

People in the video literally give no fks and do not concern themselves with hitting innocent bystanders. This is an important distinction here. Most people on the forum otherwise, when not being asked directly by police typically would think along the lines of "If I am the only person put at risk then this is OK".

This video is not the same, nor anywhere close to that.

14 hours ago, WantGTR said:

I can't agree mate. I hear your argument and you're entitled to your opinion, but I think our opinions are destined to clash. 

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

Yes I understand it is a quote from the Bible but believed it worked fairly well in this case

And why's that.

Seems obvious you're attacking me/and or others rather than the topic in question. Argue the video post, not the person.

Cause there is no one in here that can honestly say they have never had a race on a public road, I don't care if it's a 1000hp gtr or your mums 100hp lancer racing is racing!! And the police will impound the cars and take your license in both cases and just because you don't do it now doesn't mean you never have 

just when most of us did it there were no camera phones, no go pros and no social media to show off on