SAU Community

Interesting Skyline Market Price Analysis

Damn straight. Back in the days when we all used to do "chap laps" (damn I'm old) ? I passed on a grandpa pack untouched VL Calais Turbo, wanted 5 grand, look what they're worth now... a friend of mine got a HQ Monaro when he was 16 for $1000 bucks little did we know back then what they'd be fetching now.

Short answer is more demand on an international scale and less supply from cars being stolen, crashed, parted out etc. 

I feel as if the current trend is more international, Americans can buy cars from Australia, less cars are being imported than there was 10 years ago into Australia, drifters have destroyed every 2nd and 3rd gear syncro in every RB25 gearbox. Everyone has 10k of super right now if they're foolish enough to go spend it on a car which is bringing up the prices. 

I also feel that a lot of these cars that people had as cheap fun daily drivers in their early 20s back in the 00s are now old enough to where they have gotten nostalgic and can afford the inflated prices. 

My mate bought his factory manual TRD JZX100 for 18k in 2017 and I thought that was pricey at the time, now you'd be able to sell it to someone for 35k. 

4 hours ago, Matty George said:

Mate I’m pretty sure Jobkeeper won’t allow you to afford a GTR of any vintage.  I love my GTR and have toyed with selling it due to the prices. I firmly believe my 32 will be 100k in 5 years?

Oh I was more thinking of the RB25 turbo cars! GTRs definitely not. The people who afford those are JobGivers lol!

On 24/08/2020 at 1:39 PM, tridentt150v said:

As an adjunct to this discussion..........the whole cars for sale section on SAU is D E A D.  Once you would see Skylines being sold like virgin slaves at a roman market...but these days you are lucky to see one for sale at all. 

Not just on here. I remember when I bought my R34 GT-R in 2012 there was 666 Skylines on carsales.com.au. Currently there is 136 and that's with 8 more years of Skylines coming in to Australia.

• 4 months later...

Been lurking on carsales again.... just saw this and had to share. The car actually looks really clean and nice, but the way some people try and sell their car is absolutely terrible. Would it kill them to spend 5 minutes writing a small description on the car? I know i really want to buy this car as the family will love the rear sunvisors!

1996 Nissan Skyline GTS-T R33 Manual-SSE-AD-7000281 - carsales.com.au

image.png.85b62e3bcabf519bb7ebbc8847d96cab.png

$37K....Makes mine too precious to drive.  Definitely gunna have to look into full comp insurance....5-10 years ago it was worth $15K max, and bomb insurance was fine, now its worth a house deposit I will have to go full comp😬

Wonder would he split, really want em dual sunvisors, they tie the car together, dude. 

As for prices, been there, and have seen it countless times, agree with 20s now 40s, and wanting em skylines back, as for quality of cars, the good ones always remain, the bad one will part out, and unfortunately rust, uneconomic to repair kills em, parts supply never really dries up, until, really rough wreckers are making strong money, then the wreckers become economical to fix as they are worth a high selling price, this is called car lifecycle, 

Put it this way, you would have to do some searching to get a brand new model T ford part, you may find it, but supply outways demand.

Get prepared for: you, Skyline, parts guy! Sorry never heard of it mate.

3 hours ago, GoHashiriya said:

The list price on new ER34 manual transmissions has just doubled here in Japan, much to my dismay.

Which is what in Yen approximately ?

What is your sources ?

Because Nengun is still listing 32010-AA520 the manual transmission for ER34 GTT at about $2500 AUD before shipping, GST, duty and other taxes. So still about $3.5k - $4k AUD

49 minutes ago, BK said:

Which is what in Yen approximately ?

What is your sources ?

Because Nengun is still listing 32010-AA520 the manual transmission for ER34 GTT at about $2500 AUD before shipping, GST, duty and other taxes. So still about $3.5k - $4k AUD

Approx. 370,000 JPY, previously (as little as a month ago) 185,000 JPY for the 32010-AA520. I've been watching new ER34 transmissions via Trust Kikaku (Trust Planning in english) with intent to pick one up later this year.

Yahoo auc item number: 663151206.

Perhaps they're still available via the Nissan dealer, I'll try and get a quote next time I go by.

1 hour ago, BK said:

Yeah those guys are a rip off I've found. RHD, Nengun and Amayama etc it's all coming directly from Nissan. Nengun if you wanted to buy one right now...

Screenshot_20210126-230651.png

This is good news, thanks for the info. Forgive my 170,000 JPY’s worth of panic panic!

It’s still a worrying prospect that they think they can double prices in a single blow.

Edited by GoHashiriya

9 hours ago, GoHashiriya said:

Approx. 370,000 JPY, previously (as little as a month ago) 185,000 JPY for the 32010-AA520. I've been watching new ER34 transmissions via Trust Kikaku (Trust Planning in english) with intent to pick one up later this year.

Yahoo auc item number: 663151206.

Perhaps they're still available via the Nissan dealer, I'll try and get a quote next time I go by.

Trust Kikaku is pretty aggressive with their pricing, in their videos they regularly say that they have to make it "worth their time", usually they stockpile parts and wait for Nissan to officially announce big price increases and then sell at the new price.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Any recent comments on values & guesses at future values? With the theft, cost of insurance & parts etc it's getting pretty tempting to move on.

In NZ a half decent manual turbo rwd car usually sells between 30-40k, they can range up to 70 80k but not really selling at those prices.