SAU Community

R32 Gtst worth the buy?

Found this on a car dealing website. I've researched the site and it seems pretty trustworthy. car has 110k miles on it. looks really nice on inside and out. guy is asking 5k for it. idk if its too good to be true but I'm thinking about it.

12.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

Looks like a GTS thats had an RB20 swapped in which is fine, but its still stupid cheap for the US Market. 

I think youll find R32 GTSt are going for between 10 and 15k, so 5 sounds scarily cheap.

Did they have a picture of the VIN plate from the engine bay by the way?

On the plus side, you could run Longchamps on the car haha

Edited by Hcr32typem

My biggest worry would be it being a theft vehicle at that price honestly. 

Second biggest worry would be serious mechanical defect or a badly done swap, as again, that looks like a GTS with an RB20DET put in

Edited by Hcr32typem

Could be an R rated car too and the seller just wants to piss it off fast. Eitherway it's not a "genuine" gtst just a conversion don't care how cheap I'd pass...

I cant resist . . . . its from Roswell . . . maybe it was a b d u c t e d . . . . certainly looks like aliens tampered with it . . . and yes I know, before you all start, I can read a map too !

That car is listed on there about 3 or 4 times... the link above indicates the "bidder" didn't pay, so the $5KUSD could be a starting bid not buy out price, another listing has an actual price of $14,990USD...but also claims a clean title and lists the VIN so you could do some more research.

Regardless, I wouldn't touch it as per all the above comments, unless you want to confront the seller with the knowledge it's not a gts-t and lowball him for trying to pass it off as something it is not.

• 1 month later...