SAU Community

Well, after almost 3 months, tomorrow is the day, when the GTR comes home...for a bit. An extensive amount of work has been completed, marking another step in the cars evolution. Still a long way to go before it’s finished, but I’m happy that a lot of the ‘little things’ are now sorted. 
The car went on the dyno to sort out a boost creep/spike issue, it had a blend of 98 and e85 and was at about 15% ethanol content. It made 420 awkw on the rollers @20psi (gate pressure) and that’s wearing Toyo R888 tyres. 
looking forward to getting it back and taking it for a run. 

D462C5CA-D68A-461F-B1BA-5FCF359697B0.jpeg

• Like 5

Yes, it’s really nice. Was good to drive the car again, forgot how bloody fast this thing is. Even on gate pressure running 98 the thing is an animal on the street. But you can feel the reduced power in the top end, but it’s really strong through the mid range. 
I found out the motec uses the wheel speed and rpm. The gear ratios have been entered in so it can determine what gear it’s in. Actually works really well. 

• 7 months later...

Well this never ending build is finally moving forward. Car is going to the shop after GTR festival to have the motor removed, then it’s off to get the bay painted, then the new 2.7 stroker motor is going in. I’m also replacing the cooler to a Plazmaman 100mm comp spec and the entire hot side. Going a 6boost manifold with egt bungs for each cylinder and new turbo will be a Precession 6875. 
And while I’m there Pro wire will be making me a new custom engine loom and cleaning up all the other wiring in the bay. 
after this I’d like to think the bay is finished? If there is such a work in the GTR world 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

nice unit mate, hell of a read. that dash is wicked too

Cheers, it’s been a long road, with many ups and downs. Hopefully at some point I’ll get it to where I want it. 

4 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Cheers, it’s been a long road, with many ups and downs. Hopefully at some point I’ll get it to where I want it. 

Ahh don’t get to caught up in the details mate. Don’t get me wrong you have done a job I couldn’t never do my engine is a hack compared to that lol. But it’s good to be content and enjoy what you have! Your car is wicked mate go bag the piss out of it. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I’m going back to a 2.6 based motor, just in the process of getting everything together, things getting re-furbished, coated or replaced with new where I can. Car is at the painters now, decided to paint the bay the colour of the car. Also sold my hotside so it’s being replaced with a 6 boost manifold and 68/75 turbo. I’ll also be running egt’s and getting a new engine harness . But one thing at a time 🤔

24C8DA8C-5498-4CE8-A032-D320CAB5D294.jpeg

495610F3-8769-4C34-8902-3036EB82A681.jpeg